Thread: NEW Mitras Lightbar 3: Next Generation of Aquarium LED Illumination!

Default NEW Mitras Lightbar 3: Next Generation of Aquarium LED Illumination!

Mitras Lightbar 3.jpg
    Prepare to be captivated by the brilliance of the GHL Mitras Lightbar 3 – the ultimate solution for unparalleled light performance in your aquarium. We are thrilled to announce the brand new Mitras Lightbar 3
    Whether you’re a experienced enthusiast or new to the hobby, the Mitras Lightbar 3 promises to exceed your expectations with its exceptional features:
    Unmatched Light Performance: Experience the true beauty of your aquatic world with the Mitras Lightbar 3’s unparalleled light output, ensuring vibrant colors and incredible growth for your aquatic plants and corals.
    Tailored Spectrums: Achieve perfect lighting for all applications with fully customizable spectrums (7 independent LED color channels), meticulously designed to meet the unique needs of your aquarium inhabitants. See your corals, fishes and plants in colors as never before.
    Outstanding Energy Efficiency: Say goodbye to wasted energy and hello to cost-effective lighting solutions. The Mitras Lightbar 3 harnesses advanced technology to provide maximum illumination with minimal power consumption.
    Models for Marine Water, Fresh Water and Refugiums: Let Your corals glow with the Coral Pop model (includes UVA) or achieve outstanding plant growth with the Skywhite model. Combine different models as you like and get even more flexibility in creating exactly the light You want.
    Perfect size for any aquarium: No compromises in light coverage with models from 40 cm (15.75?) to 200 cm (78.75?) in 10 cm (4?) increments.
    Full control: Adjust the lighting schedule, simulation features and spectrum variation over the day exactly as you want with our UPDATED apps. *)
    Shipments will start on May 20th, 2024, marking the dawn of a new era in aquarium lighting, (pre-) orders are already accepted.
    Embrace the future of aquarium lighting and secure your Mitras Lightbar(s) 3 today at the GHL Store or your preferred dealer. Join the countless aquarists worldwide who have entrusted their aquatic ecosystems to GHL’s innovative technology.
    Learn more about our Mitras Lightbar 3 at the product page.

Read the full post about Mitras Lightbar 3 here.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I see that this is supported by the Profilux 3, which is great news, but I see it requires an RS232 connection.

I already have 2 Mitras Slimlines using the RS232 port on my profilux 3, so the question is, in order to run these as well, would I need a second RS232 port via expansion card, or should I invest in a new P4 to run both? Or can I add an expansion Box V2 to allow this?

Thank you!

Gareth

Hello,

Unfortunately this error has been unintentionally copied from the Mitras lightbar 2 product page.

The Mitras Lightbar 3 cannot be used with the ProfiLux 3.

The page has been corrected.

Gaël
    Last edited by Gael; Today at 19:05.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

While that is unfortunate, I understand the error.

I guess that would lead to my next question, how would one utilize a Lightbar 3 and Mitras Slimline on the Same P4? Is it possible to simply use Both over PAB?

The only way to use Mitras Lightbar and Mitras Slimline on the same ProfiLux is to add an Expansion Box 2.
    One can be connected to the ProfiLux and the other to the Expansion Box2 .
    It is in fact possible to define 2 settings, one for Lightbars connected to ProfiLux and another for Lightbars connected to Expansion Boxes.

MLB.jpg

Gaël
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    The only way to use Mitras Lightbar and Mitras Slimline on the same ProfiLux is to add an Expansion Box 2.
    One can be connected to the ProfiLux and the other to the Expansion Box2 .
    It is in fact possible to define 2 settings, one for Lightbars connected to ProfiLux and another for Lightbars connected to Expansion Boxes.

MLB.jpg

Gaël
    Ok, I had a feeling that was how it had to work. Is the Lightbar 3 limitation strictly the Profilux 3 itself? No way to run a The Profilux 3 with the Mitras Slimline and a lightbar 3 connected to an Expansion Box 2?

The controller is the Profilux - the expansion box simply follows the controller's commands.
    To be clear, the ProfiLux 3 (released in 2009), will not be getting any new software updates to support Mitras Lightbar 3.
    If you're thinking of replacing it with a ProfiLux 4, don't hesitate to open a support ticket - I'm sure our sales department will be able to make you an interesting offer.

Gaël

Quote Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    The controller is the Profilux - the expansion box simply follows the controller's commands.
    To be clear, the ProfiLux 3 (released in 2009), will not be getting any new software updates to support Mitras Lightbar 3.
    If you're thinking of replacing it with a ProfiLux 4, don't hesitate to open a support ticket - I'm sure our sales department will be able to make you an interesting offer.

Gaël
    I apologize if I'm being difficult, that was not my intention! I just have 3 x Profilux 3's and was hoping to avoid having to upgrade if I could. Even though it is quite dated at this point, the controllers all work amazingly well. I suppose its time to invest in a new one however.

Your stuff is just built "too well". It never dies, so I haven't had to replace anything yet ;-)
    Last edited by TheManicFishkeeper; Today at 20:01. Reason: spelling