Thread: setting up temp ( need help)

Default setting up temp ( need help)

i want to set controller to turn OFF heater at 79Degree and ON at 77degree
    how do i do that?

also i want to set so its can email alert me if temp get too hot or too cold when i am not home,,
    how ?> thanks

this is for p2 ex

My best guess:

put your normal temp on 78 and your hystersis on 1 degree
    then it will go up and down 1 degree before it does anything ?
    Don't forget to set your heater a bit higher then your profilux (so it turns on when the profilux wants it to be on) setting it a bit higher will make sure it never overheats should your powerbar ever take a wrong decision. I do trust my profilux but I still have an extra heater in my sump ( low wattage that is set a few degree lower ) to protect the lower temp.

I even had that heater in there before I had my profilux.

About the email it's only possible with PLC attached to your profilux , it can't do it on itself upto now. Because of that I never looked into the email thing because I don't have a server running for the moment.
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 05.03.2010 at 16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    My best guess:

put your normal temp on 78 and your hystersis on 1 degree
    then it will go up and down 1 degree before it does anything ?
    Don't forget to set your heater a bit higher then your profilux (so it turns on when the profilux wants it to be on) setting it a bit higher will make sure it never overheats should your powerbar ever take a wrong decision. I do trust my profilux but I still have an extra heater in my sump ( low wattage that is set a few degree lower ) to protect the lower temp.

I even had that heater in there before I had my profilux.

About the email it's only possible with PLC attached to your profilux , it can't do it on itself upto now. Because of that I never looked into the email thing because I don't have a server running for the moment.
    thanks
    also is there a way to switch C degree to F degree? in controller?

sure there is
    go to your temp probe
    and change de display part ( C of F ) and it should all switch (settings/display ) accordingly

Here is my temp setting : nominal 26.7, cooling diff. 0.2 & hysteresis 1.0.
    photo_8.jpg

the temp log, seems switch on at ~27.6 and switch off at ~27.1
    photo_9.jpg

It seems that there is 0.5 diff with nominal and actual switch off, is it related to hysteresis ( half the value setting )? Or is there a formula how to set the switch on and switch off point by adjusting nominal, cooling diff and hysteresis value? I know switch off point is nominal value + 5/6 * hysteresis + cooling diff but not sure for switch off point ?