Thread: Tunze Wavebox and 6205's

Default Tunze Wavebox and 6205's

How (and do) you recommend connecting a tunze wavebox into the controller to sync with (2) tunze 6205's? Do you connect the wavebox to the powerbar or use a tunze cable to control the wavebox or can you somehow use the <<slave>> cable and connect to ______??

You need to connect the wavebox on a seperate L-Port witch an seperate Tunze Cable. Reason is, the wavebox need to configure on your special tank. You get the best resoults on an wavebox only with try and error. Sometimes a second more or less will bring up higher waves.
    A wavebox works like this:

first wave will come, roll to the end of the tank, roll back to the wavebox, just in that time the wave will go to the end again the wavebox should add a new wave to the existing one. So timing is everyting for a good result.

All pumps can be connectet directly on an socket witch is always on duty in your house but you can also use permanent power on setting on one or more Powerbaroutlets.

If you dont have a free L-Port for the Wavebox there are may options to solve this problem.

1. use Y-L1 in an Y-L1. Now you got 3 free ports. Use a Tunze 1 cabel on both Powerheadpumps (yes, they will do the same waves) and use an Tunze 2 cable on the wavebox
    2. buy a PLM-4L Card. It will give you 4 aditional L-ports. Now use a Y-L1 and a Tunze 1 for one Powerhead, a Tunze 2 for the next Powerhead.
    the Wavebox need another Tunze 1 or Tunze 2 cable on an seperate port.

OK, so basically if I have a free L1 port on the controller, I simply need a "tunze" cable adapter to connect the <<slave>> cable of the wavebox to the Profilux controller. If you are familiar with the 6212 wavebox, it has the capability to work with tunze pumps using a 7095 multicontroller to create high and low tide scenarios. Basically, I am trying to get the Profilux controller to do what the 7095 multicontroller would do separately. Does this sound right?

Very right.
    The ProfiLux can handle everything and more that the multicontroler can.

Thanks, Martin
    ...and finally, if I do use a "tunze" adapter cable, I can plug the power supply for the pump itself into a standard outlet (and not necessarily into the power strip), correct?

Absolutly correct.

I have a wavebox, 2 x 6101 and 2 x 6055.
    Before I got the Profilux I had the Streams on the Multicontroller and the Box on his own controller as recommended by Tunze.
    At the moment I have all 4 streams on the Profilux (L1-L4) but still run the box on his own controller. Works great also.

Daumen hoch

MAXReefer:
    Thanks for your input. Glad to know it can be done either way with good results.