Thread: Virtual Sensor for Flow meter?

Default Virtual Sensor for Flow meter?

Is it possible to create a "virtual sensor" adding up two flow sensors for total flow?

Hello,

No, but you can use the Bypass feature:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...-flow-sensors/

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks. I am planning on using bypass as the 1” flowmeter is pretty restrictive for high flow rate applications. I am planning on splitting flow using this 2” Manifold Wye and then recombining with same Wye which should get me an even split for the bypass.

In the link, it states:
    - Avoid installing flow sensor directly in front of any 45° or 90° bends
    - Make to have a straight run in front of and after the flow sensor; the longer the straight-run, the more accurate the measurement

I am assuming these 2” WYE’s would not overly disturb the flow being upstream and downstream of the sensor?

How long of a straight run is desired and should it be 1” Diameter as well or larger (less restrictive)?

Hi,

No, that Wye is OK to use as the bend is minimal.

If you're using a FS9000, the native imperial size is 3/4". If you can get an 8-12" run with 3/4" before and after the FS, that would be ideal as it shouldn't be too restrictive and cause too much of a re-direct to the other side of the pipe where the 2" plumbing is installed.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks. FYI…. I am having the FS9000 connectors modified to 1” ID to avoid the 3/4” restriction all together. So will be going from 2” Wye to 1” runs for meter and then back to 2” wye to recombine. I will try to plumb with 8-12” runs in the 1” before and after as recommended.