Thread: Expansion Box 2 - Probes, Cards and Level Sensors not functioning as expected

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Expansion Box 2 - Probes, Cards and Level Sensors not functioning as expected

Hi. Thank you for your help.

I have a Profilux 4. All probes, sensors and expansion cards function as expected.

I have a Expansion Box 2. Probes, sensors and expansion cards are not functioning as expected. Perhaps I do not understand that operation of the Expansion Box or is this a hardware failure?

The expansion box is recognized on the PAB link. I am able to assign it and I am able to configure the options. Available options are the behavior of 4x Probes and the 'Start number of powerbars connected to EXB'.

I previously installed a PWC card in the Expansion Box. This was not recognized (did not work). The PWC card is not listed as compatible on the latest datasheet. I moved it back to the Profilux 4. It works in the Profilux 4. Can you tell me if the PWC card should work in the Expansion Box?

I have two cards installed in the expansion box. A level sensor (2x2) card and an ADIN card. When I view [System -> Expansion Cards -> Show and configure installed expansion cards] I see only the PWC card. The cards installed in the expansion box are not listed. Is this normal and if it is normal, how do I confirm that the cards have been recognized?

I have a pH probe connected to the Expansion Box. The probe reading can be displayed on the dashboard under [Sensors] but the probe is not being read. The displayed value is 3,25 pH. If I remove the probe, the value does not change. If I put the test adapter (loopback?) on the port, the value does not change. When trying to troubleshoot this, I have been able to get a reading of 10+ pH but this goes back to 3,25 pH within seconds and my tank is obviously not running a pH of 10+. Am I missing a setup step?

I have a level sensor connected to the expansion box. I have tried with the splitter cable and with a direct connection. The sensor does not register a change when coming into contact with water.

The expansion box would be within the warranty period. I purchased it several months ago but I am just trying to get set it up now.

Is this a user problem (me), a software problem, or a hardware problem. How can I make this work?

Brad
    Last edited by abcha0s; 02.03.2023 at 21:23.