Thread: Expansion Box 2 - Probes, Cards and Level Sensors not functioning as expected

Default Expansion Box 2 - Probes, Cards and Level Sensors not functioning as expected

Hi. Thank you for your help.

I have a Profilux 4. All probes, sensors and expansion cards function as expected.

I have a Expansion Box 2. Probes, sensors and expansion cards are not functioning as expected. Perhaps I do not understand that operation of the Expansion Box or is this a hardware failure?

The expansion box is recognized on the PAB link. I am able to assign it and I am able to configure the options. Available options are the behavior of 4x Probes and the 'Start number of powerbars connected to EXB'.

I previously installed a PWC card in the Expansion Box. This was not recognized (did not work). The PWC card is not listed as compatible on the latest datasheet. I moved it back to the Profilux 4. It works in the Profilux 4. Can you tell me if the PWC card should work in the Expansion Box?

I have two cards installed in the expansion box. A level sensor (2x2) card and an ADIN card. When I view [System -> Expansion Cards -> Show and configure installed expansion cards] I see only the PWC card. The cards installed in the expansion box are not listed. Is this normal and if it is normal, how do I confirm that the cards have been recognized?

I have a pH probe connected to the Expansion Box. The probe reading can be displayed on the dashboard under [Sensors] but the probe is not being read. The displayed value is 3,25 pH. If I remove the probe, the value does not change. If I put the test adapter (loopback?) on the port, the value does not change. When trying to troubleshoot this, I have been able to get a reading of 10+ pH but this goes back to 3,25 pH within seconds and my tank is obviously not running a pH of 10+. Am I missing a setup step?

I have a level sensor connected to the expansion box. I have tried with the splitter cable and with a direct connection. The sensor does not register a change when coming into contact with water.

The expansion box would be within the warranty period. I purchased it several months ago but I am just trying to get set it up now.

Is this a user problem (me), a software problem, or a hardware problem. How can I make this work?

Brad
    Last edited by abcha0s; 02.03.2023 at 21:23.

Hello Brad,

The PLM-PWC card is indeed not usable in an ExpansionBox.

The expansion cards added in the Expansion Boxes do not appear in [System -> Expansion Cards -> Show and configure installed expansion cards].
    Only expansion cards inserted in ProfiLux appear here, this is the normal behavior.
    It is important to redo PAB assignment after any card is added to an Expansion Box.

If you still have problems it is best to open a support ticket: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/ (Guest login)

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    Hello Brad,

The PLM-PWC card is indeed not usable in an ExpansionBox.

The expansion cards added in the Expansion Boxes do not appear in [System -> Expansion Cards -> Show and configure installed expansion cards].
    Only expansion cards inserted in ProfiLux appear here, this is the normal behavior.
    It is important to redo PAB assignment after any card is added to an Expansion Box.

If you still have problems it is best to open a support ticket: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/ (Guest login)

Gaël
    Thank you Gaël

I have made progress, but I do still have one issue that may be hardware related. I have opened a support case for this purpose.

• PWC card is not supported in the Expansion Box 2 - Confirmed
    • Cards installed in the Expansion Box do not appear when viewing the list of installed cards. This is probably why the PWC card is not supported as you would not be able to configure the Channel and Address. - Confirmed.
    • I was able to validate that the level sensor ports are working. Both the ports on the mainboard (5/6) and the ports on the PLM-4Level card (7/8, 9/10) that is installed in the Expansion Box.

Therefore it does appear that the Expansion Box 2 is functioning normally.

However, the pH/Redox port will still not give me a reading other than 10,5 when it first initialized or 3,25 shortly after.

I was able to configure the Redox/pH port and I do get a stable reading. Therefore, I assume that there is a problem with the pH/Redox BNC port. Please let me know if there is a troubleshooting idea or something I should do to fix this. Otherwise, I will work with the support group on the ticket that I have open.

Brad

Did you do sensor calibration?

If yes, please add screenshot with calibration data ADC1 & ADC2 in ticket.

Gaël
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Hello Brad,

We don't have any news about your issue neither here nor on the ticket.
    So don't hesitate to keep us informed of the situation and to come back to us if needed.

Gaël