Thread: Leaky ph probe: I am stumped

Default Leaky ph probe: I am stumped

My Ph probe is very slightly leaking after replacing for calibration. The nut and gasket are not damaged or cracked. I have closed it as tight as I can. I have applied silicon lubricant to the gasket. I have tried seating it several times.

Does any one have any ideas or tips? I feel like I am missing a basic step.

thank you

Remove the probe from the KHD and inspect the teeth on the compression fitting. If any are bent or damaged, it will not create a tight seal around the entire probe.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks! I cant see any damage to the teeth. I tried reseating it a few more times but it still leaks slowly....not sure if the gasket isnt fitting right?

Any tips to making it fit? I am not sure what else to do

It's worth checking if the rubber ring is not bent.
    If the problem continues, please open a support ticket.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    It's worth checking if the rubber ring is not bent.
    If the problem continues, please open a support ticket.
    Thank you. it is sometimes bent when I open it but I thought it was seating well. I will replace it. I assume the replacement ph sensor fitting PL 1895 comes withe the rubber ring?

Yes, the rubber ring is included.

PL-1895 is correct if you have the fitting with the grooves on the locking nut. If there are no grooves and it is smooth instead, PL-1691 is what you'd need.

If anyone is wondering my problem was that there is a rubber seal, a short rubber cylinder, that goes in between the probe and the fitting and it functions as liner on the inside of the fitting.

The fit is very tight and I inadvertently pulled out the rubber seal when I removed the probe. I thought the seal went on the outside of the fitting as sort of cap (thus it wasnt working) when it actually goes on the inside of the fitting.

Thanks Vinny!