Thread: Help to program a Water change without sensor

Frage Help to program a Water change without sensor

Hello everyone,

i need help to setup a set of steps to perform a water change without sensor if even possible.

At the moment i have setup my maxi doser 2.2 to remove and add at the same time 175ml every hour, quite a simple process based on the timing and its working well.
    however, i would like to implement a fonction that allow me to do a bigger water change.

here the logic i have in mind and would like to implent:

1- Switch off socket 2, 3 and 5 which are my return pump, skimmer and ATO
    2- activate my pump number 5 to remove X number of ml of old water
    3- once finished, Run pump number 5 to add the same X number of new water into the tank
    4- when completed, switch back on socket 2, 3 and 5
    5- Done, happy fish and care taker

for the moment i am going to do it manually using the maintenance fonction and then dose both amount one after another, but i am sure there is clever way to do it

Many thanks for you help.
    cheers,

petit reef

Hello,

Hello,
    To do it right, the "Water Change" function should be used, which is the appropriate function.
    Then simply assign the "Water change" function with "Inverted" to switch channels (it is of course possible to combine this with their already existing function via programmable logic) so that the socket turns off during the water change .
    Currently the water change function requires level sensors, an evolution project for a water change based on a volume rather than via level sensors exists but I cannot tell you when or if it will succeed.

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

thank you Gael,

i will do it manually for the time being then, i don't do big water change often but having the water change per volume instead of sensor would be a good addition to the logic indeed.
    you say it exist, does it mean it's already in GHL control or still in beta?

cheers

In all transparency it is a request in the evolution/request/todo list, the need is identified and deemed interesting, but that's all for the moment.

In the meantime, instead of using the water change function, set up a timer and use the timer function.
    Plan your dosage as usual.

If you program the timer and the dosages correctly, things can follow one another.

Articles from our knowledge base that you can rely on:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...-off-function/
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...ogic-examples/

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.