Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Access light scenarios from Profilux?

So indeed, if you need to manage Mitras LX at a distance of more than 30m from other Mitras LX, having a card in each Expansion Box makes sense, but I admit I have never tested if it works technically, even if logic dictates that it should work and that the 2 cards therefore broadcast the same schedule. On the other hand I have the impression that until now your cards are useless if on the 2 places there is a master Mitras. Again this has nothing to do with wifi even if the frequencies are close. I let Vinny answer.

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks. Whether or not I have an extra card is a seperate issue. Either way, it sounds like I do have the capability to control my lights from the Profilux.

But can you confirm that there is no way to back up, or restore, light composer projects if you manage the lights from the Profilux? If so, I'm not sure I'd want to manage the lights from the profilux anyway.
    Last edited by Dave_T; 10.01.2023 at 21:38.

The PLM-PWC card is not supported by the Expansion Box 2 at this time.

It was always possible to backup and restore LCP files via the ProfiLux. Instructions for that can be found here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...lightcomposer/

If you want to put an LX7 over a different tank with a completely different schedule, you can do so by running that fixture on Standalone mode. If multiple fixtures are going to be over that same tank, the other fixtures over this tank would have to be set to "Slave" mode. In order for groups of Mitras LX7 not to interfere with each other, the 2nd group and its accompanying fixtures must be set to a different channel.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Thanks Vinny!

So to be clear, if I want full control of my lights from GHL Connect when connected to my Profilux, I need the PLM-PWC card in my Profilux? Even though the lights and Profilux are already connected to my WiFi, and the Profilux can already talk to the lights?

Yes, that is correct. The PLM-PWC is what allows the ProfiLux to "talk" to the LX7 fixtures it will be controlling. Once you have this installed, you can upload your existing light schedule onto the ProfiLux's Light Composer page, then sending that schedule to the lights by pressing "Transmit illumination run to illumination channels". From that point on, you can use the light scenarios feature in the ProfiLux. Anytime you activate it, the command will be sent to the LX7s.

Does the pwc equipped Profilux talk to the lights using something other than Wi-Fi? If so, I don’t think that will work for me, my Profilux is nowhere near my lights. It’s 60 feet, one floor, and several walls away. It is wired to an expansion box that’s next to my lights, but you already said that you can’t add a pwc card to an expansion box.

I’m still not getting the purpose of the pwc card, given that the lights and Profilux already support Wi-Fi.

At that distance, the PWC card would not be the right fit. It would be better to just keep those Mitras running separate from the ProfiLux.

The PWC card provides the convenience of having control over lights using the same ProfiLux connection, instead of having 2 separate connections (ProfiLux and Mitras).

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    At that distance, the PWC card would not be the right fit. It would be better to just keep those Mitras running separate from the ProfiLux.

The PWC card provides the convenience of having control over lights using the same ProfiLux connection, instead of having 2 separate connections (ProfiLux and Mitras).
    Ok, so it sounds like the answer to my first question is that the profilux does NOT talk to the lights over wifi. Is there any reason for this? Are there plans to make it so it can? Being able to control the lights from the profilux is a nice benefit I'd like to have.