Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Access light scenarios from Profilux?

Default Access light scenarios from Profilux?

I have a couple light scenarios programmed for my Mitras lights that I use fairly frequently - "Red", for night viewing of the nocturnal goings on, and "White" for photography. It appears that to access light scenarios you have to connect directly to the lights from GHL Connect. Is that right? It looks like all other programming under the Illumination menu is accessible from within GHL Connect connected to the Profilux. Is there a reason you can't access light scenarios from the Profilux? Any plans to fix? It is a hassle to have to disconnect GHL Connect from the Profilux and reconnect it to the lights, every time I want to run a light scenario.

And a related question... I have two rows of 3 lights each over my 6 foot tank. Right now they're all in the same group, but I'm finding that I can't find a happy medium where either the sandbed in the front of the tank isn't too bright, or the rockwork in the back of the tank isn't too dim. I'd like to have LPS corals low down in the front, and SPS higher up in the back. So the obvious solution is to break my lights into two groups, with brighter programming running on the lights in the back row. Sound good? But this again brings up the hassle issue - If I want to run a light scenario like "Reds", I'd have to connect to each of the two groups of lights separately.

Any suggestions as to a better solution to this problem, so I don't have to have two different groups of lights?

Thanks!

Hello,

The light scenarios are available on ProfiLux since firmware 7.31 included in GHL Control Center, you need to update your device:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...4-1/#changelog

The following article in our knowledge base explains the update procedure:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...ux-4-firmware/

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

That’s great. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

So I'm on firmware 7.28. I tried to update to 7.31, but it didn't work. I guess I need to do 7.29 first? How do I do that? On your download site, I only see downloads for GHL Control center, not for the firmware itself. I tried the GCC 1.1.3.9 download, but I didn't see where to specify the firmware I'm upgrading to...

No, this is not necessary.
    What is not working, can you show me?
    Can you also show me a screenshot of the firmware version that is now installed on the ProfiLux?
    What is the model of your Mitras and their firmware version?

Gaël
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

It says "This file is unsuitable for updating this device.". Again, I'm on 7.28 now. I've tried updating to 7.30, 7.31, and even 7.28. I get the same error. I'm trying to do the update with GCC 1.1.3.9.

Why 1.1.3.9, download and install latest GCC:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...enter-1-1-4-1/

I think you are not following the procedure correctly:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...ux-4-firmware/

Be careful to use the firmwareupdate of the Maintenance menu and not from PAB.
    FW-update-2.jpg

Can you show a screenshot of the error?

Gaël

Thanks again for your help. After a lot of beating my head against the wall I was able to update the firmware to 7.32. I could show you the errors I got, but now that I’m updated let’s just move on.

But I still don’t see light scenarios in GHL connect when connected to the Profilux. See this screenshot, where you can also see I’m on 7.32.

IMG_3039.jpg

What do you use to access ProfiLux?
    In GCC you should see the lighting scenarios, same thing on myghl.com.
    For GHLConnect your application must be up to date (for the moment the updated IOS application is not available), and for the local web interface, it must also be up to date: https://www .aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-update-or-restore-wi-fi-module-firmware/

Gaël

As I said in my first post, I'm talking about GHL Connect. I use it on an iPhone. So I guess that's the issue. When is the updated IOS app expected to be released?

And I now see that GHL Connect does show light scenarios in the web interface. I could work with that in the meantime, but it doesn't seem ready for prime time. There are a couple issues:

* It doesn't carry over the light scenarios I programmed into the lights. Are you supposed to create new light scenarios when connecting to the lights through the Profilux? I guess I could work with that too, but it doesn't seem like the way it should work.

* The channels are improperly labeled. They say "Illumination 1", "Illumination 2", and so on, instead of "Blue", "Royal Blue", ... I guess "Illumination 1" links to "Blue", and so on? That's hard to work with, I wouldn't know what color went with what illumination channel number.

And getting back to my original post - you haven't addressed my second question - how should I set up my lights so that the rear row is brighter than the front row? Is there a way to do that without having to have two groups of lights that need to be independently addressed when doing things like starting light scenarios? How would I even talk to the two groups of lights from within GHL Connect connected to the Profilux?