Thread: Issues with iOS app/interface

Default Issues with iOS app/interface

Hi everyone,
    hoping to get some help with the app side of things now that the system here is fully set up. On the hardware side of things I'm loving it - everything has been working very well and was a breeze to setup. However, the iOS app is quite problematic for us - on a basic level, it kicks me out every day and I have to enter my login details (it doesn't even remember them) and click through all of the prompts every day just to check all the parameters. Not only is this very annoying, but it seems like I am not getting any notifications due to it not being logged in most of the time. Are there any known workarounds and/or solutions to this? Happy to provide any information that is needed in order to troubleshoot further.
    As a secondary issue, the online interface is sometimes quite buggy - it's sometimes unusably slow, taking several minutes to load or save anything, and sometimes it just gives me an error saying it failed to save settings. This seems to have improved for some reason over the last week, but wondering what affects this and again, if there are any settings or known solutions?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

There is a known bug in Apple's recent iOS 16 update which has caused issues in the app and we're looking into a solution. In the meantime, you can connect to your device via web interface or myGHL.

If the web interface is loading slowly or not at all, try clearing the web browser cache or using a completely different web browser.
    Last edited by Vinny; 04.01.2023 at 15:18.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

iPhone error.jpg

I was getting this error on my iPhone during last Weekend.

No button to click to like I was prompt.

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

Hi Vinny,
    thanks for letting me know - I'm actually using it on an older phone with iOS 15.7 still, would the issue also affect it? Is there an estimate as to when the app may be working? I'm presuming there's no way to sort out notifications without it?
    Last edited by ScubaAndy; 05.01.2023 at 00:41.

Pre-iOS 16 should not have any issues. It's the changes made in iOS16 which causes the display issues.

If you can use the 15.7 version, you can setup push notifications.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Notifications work well even with IOS16.
    iOS issues are just display issues.
    In fact the missing elements are "just" invisible.
    You can activate notifications by clicking -1 time- here:
    notif.jpeg

Gaël

Alright, so what is causing the issues I am having with the version I am currently running? I'm not having display issues, but it logs me out of the app every day and requires me to login and go through all of the prompts every time I need to log into it again. Is there a way to get the previous version of the app or a fix for this one?

I had exactly the same problem on my iPad. After updating to iOS 16.2 it stopped logging me out every 24 hours. The display is a bit screwed up but that's a known problem as mentioned above.

Unfortunately my current device doesn't allow me to update any further - is there not a fix without having to buy a whole new phone? The notifications were one of the most important functions for what we needed so a bit disappointed that this app in particular needs a newer phone to work properly.