Thread: pH on GHL Proflux reading opposite of Milwaukee

Default pH on GHL Proflux reading opposite of Milwaukee

I have my freshwater aquarium setup with a CO2 system on a Milwaukee controller to maintain a pH of 6.5 during the day. At night when CO2 is cut off on the Milwaukee controller the pH rises as expected when CO2 injection is halted until the following morning. However, the pH displayed on the Profilux decreases overnight. The both probes for the Milwaukee and Profilux were calibrated at the same time with 4.00 and 7.00 calibration solution. Am I missing a setting or something somewhere on the Profilux?

Can you describe how you want to control pH via the ProfiLux?
    Post some screenshots showing how you have your pH settings and switch channel configured.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Ultimately I'd like to have a stable pH maintained with the addition of CO2 throughout the daytime while lights are on, but I cannot do that because my pH graph seems to be inverted. When my pH rises on my Milwaukee it falls on the Profilux and vice-a-versa. I think I understand how set the settings between setting the pH setpoint, hysteresis, and nocturnal settings. My more immediate question is why is my Profilux reading the pH as falling during the at night when it should be rising once the CO2 is turned off? The CO2 currently isn't controlled by the Profilux, is it monitored and controlled by a Milwaukee controller. I would like to switch over and have it controlled by the Profilux, but not until the above issue is resolved.

Thanks for the help!

pH.png

Calibrate your probe. You can also verify the accuracy by dipping the probe in each calibration fluid (4 and 7) for 5 minutes each. If the results are within +/- 0.2, the probe is providing the correct values.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Vinnie,

Thanks for the continued suggestions. The probe was calibrated correctly. I've even tried 2 different probes both Milwaukee MA911 and they all function the same way. After calibration when I test them against the 4.0 solution the pH rises over 8.5 and when test them against the 7.0 solution the pH falls to around 6.0.

Open a support ticket to report this please.

Ticket #6438 created.

Thank you!

First off thank you for all the support!! Turns out it was user error...I'm and idiot! I didn't realize that when asking to save the calibration you had to arrow over to the YES box and then hit the "check mark". I thought the "check mark" was for yes and the "X" was for no so I kept hitting the "check mark" and it was selecting no and not saving calibration. I like to think of myself as a rather intelligent human being and this made me feel like a complete idiot. Despite all this you guys make an awesome product. Thanks so much for your help I'm glad I figured it out.