Thread: Running multiple systems wirelessly

Default Running multiple systems wirelessly

Hello everyone,
    first time posting here as I'm just putting together a system and gathering the parts I need. I just have a question about running multiple systems - this seems pretty straightforward if they are physically close together and I'm presuming that in addition to the Mega set, I just need to add an additional power bar and sensor expansion card for the second system.
    However, I have a third system that I would like to run alongside the first two that is in a different part of the building and therefore cannot run any cables directly between them. Is there a way to accomplish adding this system to the controller wirelessly or via an existing network? What would I need in order to do this in terms of hardware?

Thanks for your help

Hello,

The ideal way to set this up is to add an Expansion Box to your setup. The EXB2 comes with the ports built-in and is connected to your P4 system with a single PAB cable which can be up to 300 feet in length. If this won't work, the other option is to setup a separate ProfiLux 4 controller system (Mega set) which means you'll have two separate controllers to connect to.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Hi, thank you very much for your help - unfortunately because they are in different parts of the building it would be a challenge to run the cable. However, do they have to have their own cable, or can they use the existing network infrastructure to communicate? If there's no way to do it wirelessly, I am considering a second controller, likely a Profilux Mini as the remote system is freshwater and quite basic.
    Thanks again!

Hi,

Try do get news from this user:
    https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/s...ension&p=97948

Gaël