Thread: PL-4 wireless / myGHL connections

Default PL-4 wireless / myGHL connections

I have a pre-loved PL4 with the most recent firmware and GCC F/W 7.28.

I have viewed the relevant videos numerous times in attempts to set up wireless connection and myGHL.

I did establish the wireless connection to my router (Netgear Orbi) and the LED on the face of the PL4 lit up solid green. GCC will not connect wireless.

I did establish a myGHL connection.

Then, the wifi LED turned off, the connection to the router disconnected and the GHL on the box top flashes red and the text 'MYGHL' flashes on the blue screen. myGHL will not connect.

In the GCC, all details have been wiped from the Communications tab - myGHL ID has reverted to 0, WiFi-Modus has reverted to 'Disabled', and the extensions to 802.11 are greyed out.

I can change the WiFi-Modus back to 'Client & Access Point'.

Nothing else can be changed.

What is going on here ? Has the wifi card pooped or is it a problem with GCC ?
    Last edited by Tone; 23.09.2022 at 07:57.

Hi there,

Please follow the steps here to update the Wi-Fi chip on the ProfiLux:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...dule-firmware/

Make sure you download the newest version of the ESP Updater Tool so you have access to the most recent Wi-Fi module firmware (7134).

If you would prefer to update the Wi-Fi chip and start from scratch, follow the instructions provided in the yellow box, "Are you recovering your Wi-Fi chip because it is unresponsive or want to restore factory settings?".
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks, Vinny ... I'll give that a go

PS, I also have registered a ticket ... with further information.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi there,

Please follow the steps here to update the Wi-Fi chip on the ProfiLux:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...dule-firmware/

Make sure you download the newest version of the ESP Updater Tool so you have access to the most recent Wi-Fi module firmware (7134).

If you would prefer to update the Wi-Fi chip and start from scratch, follow the instructions provided in the yellow box, "Are you recovering your Wi-Fi chip because it is unresponsive or want to restore factory settings?".
    Hello,

I have tried all the options, blank chip, start and reprogram filesystem, and I am still not able to connect on wifi.
    It worked after several attempts with GHL Connect App when connecting P4 for the first time, but now it is impossible to connect again.
    Firmware version of Profilux 4 is 7.28 and wifi module firmware 71.34

Quote Originally Posted by gtuiis View Post
    Hello,

I have tried all the options, blank chip, start and reprogram filesystem, and I am still not able to connect on wifi.
    It worked after several attempts with GHL Connect App when connecting P4 for the first time, but now it is impossible to connect again.
    Firmware version of Profilux 4 is 7.28 and wifi module firmware 71.34
    Hi getuiis,

My situation has been resolved with an remote online session with Josh (GHL USA). Big thank you to Josh for his help, more so as there is a 16 hour difference in our time zones.

Turned out that my PL-4 was trying to connect to my broadband modem and not my network router which is connected to the broadband modem. Once that was established it was relatively 'plain sailing' from there.

Thanks for your help Tone, but I am not sure that my P4 is trying to connect to anything, none of both LEDs are on or flashing on the front panel

gtuiis, please open a support ticket so our team can help you.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.