Thread: KHD working with fresh water

Default KHD working with fresh water

Dear all i have mu KHD working perfectly with reef tank since 2 years and recently i converted my tank with fresh (tanganyka biotope) tank. Usefull to say that kemical parameter with my new tank are quite similar to salt water been the KH approx 17 dKH and GH 4 dGH. Sometime titolation is too long and system goes in error, sometimes the value is fine even if the icon is red because maximum range allowable is 14 dKH. Any aexperiences/suggestion ec,,, even in increase the 14 max limit to 20? (for istance)

thanks for support

you cold messure the PH of the Reagent fluid, do some Mathematik, create a stronger reagent fluid und get a Faktor for the messured value.

Understood but i do not have any formulas to do it, and btw the value i obtained is quite same i see through colorimeter test..the question is not to interprete the value , true or false, but to understand why somethims system goes in error due to a delay in measuremenet

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    you cold messure the PH of the Reagent fluid, do some Mathematik, create a stronger reagent fluid und get a Faktor for the messured value.
    pls let me know if the factor is the % i see in KH director window below the value measuremenet recording, thanks