Thread: Summer time (DST) change and routines

Default Summer time (DST) change and routines

Hey,

I originally posted this question here: https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/s...utines&p=99671

However, since I might have picked the wrong sub-forum and I'm not sure there are admins/moderators that can move it, I'll repost it here hoping I can get some support:

I have a few routines controlled through dosing schedules and timers to power on/off certain pumps.

It all happens around 2ish-3ish am in a very carefully timed schedule.

I wonder, when time changes due to summer time, depending on the direction of the change, some processes might be done twice or skipped, or some timed processes with start and end (e.g. ATO enabled only in a certain time range with a timer) might have their start running but their ending not running or the other way around.

How would Profilux 4 handle this? I know about the setting to slowly transition to a new time after a change over several days, but would that simply shift 10 mins everything at the time of DST change, or would it instead accelerate/slow the time speed e.g. adding one second every 2 minutes or so? A simple shift might still break the routine, while a time acceleration/deceleration would probably keep things properly working.

In any case, what's the best way to deal with this?

Thanks!

Hey! Anyone can help with this.

I see the other post was deleted so I assume this is the right forum for it...

Cheers,

Hi

yes, the time is "stretched" or "compacted" between 01:00 and 02:00.

If this is a problem for you there are 2 solutions:
    1. Don't use DST
    2. Don't have events/activities during this time
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

But how is time stretched?

I.e. is it just the whole hour is skipped, or it runs faster so all the events would still run?

Specially with the system to make the change smooth over several days, how does it work?

Hey Matthias,

Any help? The summer time change day in Spain is approaching and I'd like to understand this better

Cheers,