Thread: Mitras 7206 life expectancy

Default Mitras 7206 life expectancy

Hi all: I have run a Mitras 7206 on my reef tank since 2017. I'm feeling that the corals on the bottom of the tank do not do as well as they used to do. My question is, what is the life expectancy of the LEDs in this fixture? Should I replace them after 5 years of use?

Thanks

The LEDs are rated for over 80,000 hours.

This does not however take into account the individual's usage pattern and placement of the light. One would also have to consider, the overall percentage output, duration per day, average operating temperature, ambient temperature, fan speed, etc.

If you want to replace the LED clusters, you can.
    Each LX72xx pack includes 2 clusters. A 7x06 fixture would need 3 packs and a 7x04 would need 2 packs.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Hi Vinny, thank you for your response. I know it is pretty difficult to calculate individual usage. However, as the fixture runs pretty hot (at 65 C for 5-6 h a day) I guess that reduces the LEDs rated hours.

May be I'll replace the LEDs in one of the fixtures (I have 3) and see how that makes a difference.