Thread: updating fw on profiliux 3ex and power bar

Default updating fw on profiliux 3ex and power bar

Hi
    Not had to do anything to my profilux for many years it has run faultlessly, currently running firmware 5.14 profilux 3eX I have one powerbar 6D -UK attached. I am using Profilux control version 5.1.7.2 and it gives me an option to upgrade firmware for profilux and for PAB Device which I assume is the Powerbar.
    My question is what steps do I need to take to upgrade both and in what order is it best done?
    I have saved my settings and also my sensor data, I can take screen shots of the pages in the profilux control, I am connected to the profilux by a serial cable and running Windows 11. anything else you need just ask me.
    any help appreciated.
    Jim

First you need to update the firmware of the Profilux. To do this, however, you need the current version of the GHL ControlCenter (download area). You will find the appropriate firmware file in the installation directory of the GHL ControlCenter.
    After updating the Profilux, you can then supply your PAB devices with a new firmware. You can also find the respective firmware of the PAB devices in the installation directory of the ControlCenter.
    If a firmware update for the Profilux via ControlCenter should fail, you can perform this with the emergency update located in the download area.

regards Pit

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    First you need to update the firmware of the Profilux. To do this, however, you need the current version of the GHL ControlCenter (download area). You will find the appropriate firmware file in the installation directory of the GHL ControlCenter.
    After updating the Profilux, you can then supply your PAB devices with a new firmware. You can also find the respective firmware of the PAB devices in the installation directory of the ControlCenter.
    If a firmware update for the Profilux via ControlCenter should fail, you can perform this with the emergency update located in the download area.

regards Pit
    Ok so the new GCC will work to upgrade even though the P3 is on an earlier than supported firmware, this previous reply seems to indicate that I'd need to update using the existing Profilux control then move over to the newer GCC. Just want to make sure that I get it right first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    1. Download the ProfiLux Control program onto your computer
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...trol-v5-1-7-2/

2. Connect using this program and backup your settings

3. Download the current version of GHL Control Center (GCC)
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-1-3-4/

4. Connect to your P3 using ProfiLux Control and perform the firmware update...when prompted to select the firmware version to use, navigate to the GCC folder and select the newest P3 firmware.

After the update is complete, connect to the P3 using GCC and load your backup settings to your controller.

NOTE: Due to the massive jump in firmware (at least 5 years worth of updates), there is a chance not all settings will carry over. You may want to take screenshots of your settings just in case you need to manually re-enter settings. Nowadays you have numerous resources available at your disposal which have how-to guides and videos for setting up functions on the controller. Use the knowledge base for info on how to setup a particular function.
    sorry if I am not understanding it right, just asking to be sure I dont mess it up.
    Jim

As described by Vinny
    -backup all data before with ProfiluxControl.
    -Install the newest GHL ControlCenterV1.1.3.7
    -Update Profilux firmware (under extras_maintenance)
    -restore backup files
    -Update PAB bus (GHL ControlCenter under extras PAB)
    But there were always minor problems when switching to the ControlCenter using normal update function( bad connection ect.), so from me the reference to the emergency update. Work with the emergency update exactly according to the instructions, then it works.

Emercency Update
    Instuctions

here you can find the firmwarefiles after installing the GHLControlCenter:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_Vxxxx\Firmware

Hi
    Update of the main P3 went well with no problems , a few minor settings had to be manually updated afterwards but nothing major. I did need to use the Profilux control software to update the firmware as the GCC software said it could not connect as the firmware was too low. But it was an easy process and all went without any problem. When I try to do the PAB update it says there is no PAB device attached, but it is all working ok so maybe I dont have a PAB powerbar.
    Anyway I am happy it is all working updated to the current firmware.
    Thank you for you help.