Thread: Level sensor behaviour when power out

Default Level sensor behaviour when power out

Last night the lights in our house flickered for about a second and then stayed on. It must have been some type of power fluctuation or very brief outage.

Of course this meant that everything managed by my P4 shut down (return pumps etc etc) and then came back on.

However I noticed that two of my low level GHL magnetic sensors in my RO/DI reservoir and in my fresh saltwater reservoir (used for AWC) were triggered. This led to solenoids being opened and therefore water fill started on both reservoirs.

Both reservoirs were about half full so nowhere near a level to trigger the low water level sensors. They must have been triggered when the power stabilized/came back.

This is not really a problem for the RO/DI reservoir.

However it could be a big problem with the fresh saltwater reservoir as a fill with RO/DI water when it is half full would dilute the salinity of the fresh saltwater used in my AWC.

I assume this shouldn't be a normal occurrence when experiencing power problems? The solenoids open when power is sent to them so for some reason the P4 sent power to the solenoids through the Switchbars even though neither of the level sensors were triggered.

Luckily I was awake when this happened and heard the RO/DI booster pump turn on. I quickly powered down the two plugs where the solenoids are connected on one of my Switchbars to close both solenoids.

But what if I'm away? The system has been up for two and a half years and I've never seen this happen before. Is this some type of bug?

I've attached a diagram of my AWC and autofill system. The only change from the diagram is that I do not receive email notifications from the P4 as indicated (haven't yet had the time to figure out how to do this!).

Help?

Thanks!

Laith

AWC & ATO System.jpg

Hi,

Go to System -> Assign and configure connected PAB-devices
    Click on your powerbar blue gear icon
    What is the channels Initial states for the corresponding socket?

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...on-a-powerbar/

Gaël

Thanks for the quick answer.

I didn't even know that this option of configuring the Switchbars existed!

But when I look at all three switchbars, all of the sockets are NOT ticked.

So should I tick the sockets that correspond to the solenoids?

Regards,

Laith

Actually, in rereading the instructions, ticking the solenoid sockets means that they will switch ON in the case of a recovery from a power failure?

If so, I don't want that and in that case the current configuration is correct: they should stay OFF.

Laith

Hi,

So this is not the origin of the problem but it could have been if this parameter has been checked and the Profilux had restarted because of the power cut.

Gaël

It was a good idea and thanks for pointing out that feature for me. I might use it for my return pumps!

Any other ideas from anybody?

Laith

Gaël's idea is very probable.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Gaël's idea is very probable.
    It was a good idea but as you can see above, the settings of the switchbars are all OFF so that it the way they need to be.

It must be something else, unless I have misunderstood how this feature works?

Thanks!

Laith