Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing profilux 4e with a running SA doser 2.1

Default Installing profilux 4e with a running SA doser 2.1

I have a SA doser 2.1 running with a KHD and another slave doser 2.1.

I'm not the greatest with connections and stuff, it took me 3 days to get this setup running .

Now i'm going to buy a new profilux 4e starterset. I watched the install video (profilux 4) on the GHL youtube site.

When do in connect the profilux 4e with the pab cable to the SA doser and when do i have to make it a slave in the installing process?
    Any tips or links would be helpfull.
    I don't won't to ruin the current setup, i'm glad it's running ok .

thanks in advance for the tips and tricks.

Ok, order is placed. The set will arrive at my LFS next week .

Before you connect your Doser and KHD to the P4e, go into your SA Doser and copy the pump flow rates for each head that is used by the KHD. Write down your KHD settings too. This info will have to be entered into the P4e so when you bring over the KHD/Doser, it will continue testing exactly as it was doing before.

Once that is done, set the SA Doser to slave mode:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...to-slave-mode/

Then, connect this now "slave" doser and KHD to the P4e with a PAB cable and assign them to the controller:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...n-pab-devices/

After the above is completed, you can enter your pump calibration info and KHD settings.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Hoi Vinny,

thanks for the detailed reply, that's gonna be very helpful.

I don't need to write down the dosing info of the slave doser?
    Do i have to recalibrate the KHD pH probe once the P4e is master?

It's gonna be a little "stresfull" setting it up, but looking forward to expand the auto control of my aqua to GHL once the P4e is up and running.

Any dosing pump which was connected to and controllered by the SA doser should also have its settings written down and copied over to the P4e.
    Yes, you can calibrate the KHD probe after connecting it to the P4e.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

I have the new profilux starterset 4e at home. Monday i start to install the profilux. Probes have to wait, because the GHL measurement cell is not yet arrived.

If i connect the profilux 4e to the SA doser as described above, which is PAB connected to the KHD, which then is connected to the slave doser. Does de P4e knows which pumps to use for the KHD?

thanks

Hi,

The order in which you connect the PAB devices (KHD, SA Doser (converted to Slave mode), etc.) does not matter. What is most important is that you do not create a loop. For example, you can have a PAB chain like this:
    P4e PAB port --> Powerbar-6E --> Doser --> KHD
    OR
    P4e PAB port ---> KHD ---> Doser --> Powerbar-6E

If you have more than one dosing unit, any additional unit must have the pump head numbering assigned. We have instructions on how to do that here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-assign-pab-devices/

My profilux 4e is connected to wifi. Also i can acces it from GHL control center on my PC through USB.
    But when i try to connect it to GHL connect, through the tab, communication and press www.myghl.com i have the following "problem".

I see that ghl connect opens and for a fraction i see the page add devices, but then it opens my dashboard of my SA doser 2. How can i go back to add devices in ghl connect?
    It's probably set as default, but i don't know how to change it.

In GHL control center my SA doser is already installed with the KHD and slave doser connected through pab.
    When i add the profilux 4e, how do i know how to set the com ports? MY doser stands on auto.
    I can only connect to my P4e if i set this setting also to auto, is that correct.

Thanks, I'm trying to get it set up today
    Last edited by Nico F.; 20.06.2022 at 06:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico F. View Post
    My profilux 4e is connected to wifi. Also i can acces it from GHL control center on my PC through USB.
    But when i try to connect it to GHL connect, through the tab, communication and press www.myghl.com i have the following "problem".

I see that ghl connect opens and for a fraction i see the page add devices, but then it opens my dashboard of my SA doser 2. How can i go back to add devices in ghl connect?
    It's probably set as default, but i don't know how to change it.

In GHL control center my SA doser is already installed with the KHD and slave doser connected through pab.
    When i add the profilux 4e, how do i know how to set the com ports? MY doser stands on auto.
    I can only connect to my P4e if i set this setting also to auto, is that correct.

Thanks, I'm trying to get it set up today
    I figured it out, P4e is connected and in GHL connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Before you connect your Doser and KHD to the P4e, go into your SA Doser and copy the pump flow rates for each head that is used by the KHD. Write down your KHD settings too. This info will have to be entered into the P4e so when you bring over the KHD/Doser, it will continue testing exactly as it was doing before.

Once that is done, set the SA Doser to slave mode:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...to-slave-mode/

Then, connect this now "slave" doser and KHD to the P4e with a PAB cable and assign them to the controller:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...n-pab-devices/

After the above is completed, you can enter your pump calibration info and KHD settings.
    Vinny,

thanks again,

P4e is up and running.