Thread: level sensor malfunction

Default level sensor malfunction

I have two optical level sensors both recently stopped working within days of each other. Both are version 1 I believe ( solid black optical eye ). One is just a simple ATO. The other one is the bottom sensor in a auto water change configuration. The diagnostic menu gives me "123". Doesn't this indicate all optical sensors are working fine ? or what does it mean ? I have sensor 1, 2 in a splitter y configured to do ato/awc for one tank. And sensor 3 doing ato in another tank. I have not change any settings and double checking the cable seems to be alright. So I'm not sure what the problem is. I am hesitant to spend $200 on two replacement optical sensors unless I'm sure it's a hardware failure. How can I test for hardware failure ?

in the phone app, under sensors what does "state direct : x" mean and "state delayed: x" and what's the difference between "x" vs "-" vs "?".

Also, in my auto water change setup, the maximum on-time is for the entire draining and filling procedure. Is there a way to limit the maximum on-time for just the draining portion ? because when the bottom sensor malfunctions, it continues to drain until it goes beneath the return pump level because it still has more time to keep on draining beneath the sensor using up the time dedicated for filling water portion of the entire procedure.

thanks.
    Last edited by george7523; 09.04.2022 at 12:42.

Hello George,

You can test the optical sensors by dipping it in the water. As you're doing this, watch the sensors tab and see if the (X) mark appears and disappears for each sensor you are testing. If there is no reaction, check the cable connection. If still no reaction, replace sensor.

Max on-time currently applies for the function all together.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.