Thread: ATO and pump level secury

Default ATO and pump level secury

Hello,
    I have seen the how-to configure ATO with GHL.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...with-profilux/

But I see nowhere how I can protect the water pump if the water level in RODI tank is too low when it's running.
    So I can add a level sensor in the RODI tank, but how to configure this ?
    I want build a function : when the water level in RODI is too slow, disable the switch channel and send an email alarm, no matter what's going on.
    I don't know how to affect 2 functions on the same switch channel, and do this : one the too is always prority on the other.

Thanks.

Hi there,

You can install a GHL float sensor at the bottom of the RODI tank and setup with a "Leakage Detection" function.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...with-profilux/

The above instructions will help you prevent the RODI tank pump from running dry.

If you already have an existing function assigned to the switch channel controlling this pump, you can still make it work by using Programmable Logic.
    1. Go to the PL page, select an unused gate
    2. Set the function to AND
    3. Set Input 1 to the function that is currently assigned to the switch channel
    4. Set Input 2 to the Leakage Detection function (Fill water (x))
    5. Save settings, then go to the Switch channel page, select the SC powering this pump and assign the PL function
    6. Save settings
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Ok Vinny,
    So what's going on when ATO pump is running and leakage detection is on : in logic theory 1 and 1 give 1. So I suppose that Leakage detection = 0 ? So the pump will stop, I'm right ?

By the default the leak detection function will keep the socket ON, but if the float switch is in the down position it will turn the assigned socket OFF.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Yes, the float switch is in the down position at the bottom of the RODI tank : it's inverted. So you confirm that it will turn the socket OFF, even if the ATO function is running at the same time ?

The steps I provided earlier will let the ATO function run as long as the float sensor in the RODI tank is in the up position. If the water level in the RODI tank drops low enough to cause the float in that tank to be in the down position, it will trigger the Leak notification and turn OFF the ATO therefore preventing your ATO pump from running dry. Use these settings and give it a try so you understand how it will work in practice.

Thanks Vinny, I will try your solution when I will have all the hardware...

Hello,
    it Works as expected.

i'm using the Min / Max version, with two level sensors : mechanical and optical.
    Mechanical level sensor is the High Level, and optical is the low level. Be carefull to the distance between the two sensors : 4cm between the optical lever, and the trigger point of the mechanical sensor.

Big thanks Vinny for your help !