Thread: profilux 3 ex wont connect to GHL APP firmware 6.46 as well as setting up doser

Default profilux 3 ex wont connect to GHL APP firmware 6.46 as well as setting up doser

Hi, i just got my profilux back out from storage and need some assistance.
    could someone please give me some information on how to connect my prof 3ex to my network? i have tried through the app with the standard, host/ip address that pops up and port, but the app just crashes when i try to establish a connection.

1.i connect the phone to the profilux 3 wifi network
    2.open app and select profilux 3 and then configure connection comes up,
    3.use pre filled information and press next.
    4. establishing connection shows and then it just crashes the entire app.

Also, need assistance setting up Doser, i have a 4 pump profilux slave doser and i do not understand how i am supposed to control each pump, the board is configured to "dosing pump".

argh sorry for the terrible description, but hopefully someone has some help as its driving me crazy.

Are you able to connect via USB without issue?

Are you trying to set the P3 with an AUTO IP or STATIC IP?

Screenshot of network settings entered into controller?

What is your subnet mask and default gateway of your network? This can be found by using windows command prompt and typing in ipconfig.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Are you able to connect via USB without issue?

Are you trying to set the P3 with an AUTO IP or STATIC IP?

Screenshot of network settings entered into controller?

What is your subnet mask and default gateway of your network? This can be found by using windows command prompt and typing in ipconfig.
    Hi Vinny, thank you for the reply.

So i should ad that my profilux 3 ex has a wifi card, i am not connecting via ethernet.
    Yes, my computer connects perfectly to it via USB (i have not configured my dosing pumps and they work well).

I am using the standard settings on the app to connect it, so i guess auto ip.

Were do i need to enter my subnet mask and default gateway on my p3?

Thank you

Hi,

using the wifi extension card in the P3 allows only communication with GHL Control Center; not any other access like GHL Connect is doable with it.
    If you don't want to use ethernet, you can hookup a dedicated wifi accesspoint with an ethernet port an attach the P3 to it.
    The wifi accesspoint can then be connected to your local wifi router, which allows you to use your smartphone and GHL Connect to access the P3.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    Hi,

using the wifi extension card in the P3 allows only communication with GHL Control Center; not any other access like GHL Connect is doable with it.
    If you don't want to use ethernet, you can hookup a dedicated wifi accesspoint with an ethernet port an attach the P3 to it.
    The wifi accesspoint can then be connected to your local wifi router, which allows you to use your smartphone and GHL Connect to access the P3.

Oh ok, thank you for explaining.
    So how do i go about connecting it to the app (ghl connect) once i have it connected via ethernet? Were do i get the ip address and port for the profilux 3? As it asks in app? Would be great if you could let me know in steps how to go about this. I have just connected it via ethernet.
    As at the moment having to connect the usb cord to laptop is frustrating as i also do not have wifi access to the ghl control center set up either.
    Thank you

In the SYSTEM page of the P3 there is a LAN button. Click it to open the settings page for it. There you will find all information related to the P3's network connection.

1. Follow the instructions for setting up your extender.
    2. Connect the LAN cable to the P3 and extender.
    3. After the extender is setup, it should give the P3 an IP address which will be viewable in the network page. With this information, you can create a new connection in the app for it.

If all goes well, you should see an IP address automatically filled in the Current IP address section of the SYSTEM page.

Take this IP address and open the GHL Connect app.
    1. Press Add device, choose the P3
    2. In the Host/IP section, type-in the P3's IP address which you saw earlier
    3. Give this connection a name and press DONE

As long as the phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you should be able to access your controller through the app.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.