Thread: Adding a user / keeping settings on the cloud

Default Adding a user / keeping settings on the cloud

Hello GHL & folks

Since day one of my P4 purchase, I have been trying to get my head around the setup of myGHL.

As there is an option to save settings to the cloud, I always select this, but I have never succeed in actually keeping these setting as every browser cleaning
    or new device is cleaned, and I have to start from scratch.

Is it possible to make a foolproof setup guide showing how to setup the myGHL so the cloud setting is actually saved over diffrent devices ?
    ( or did I misunderstand how the cloud thing is working ? )

Best regards, Ole
    Last edited by Mistahbrock; 01.03.2022 at 21:26.

If you're referring to Dashboard layouts being different across connection types (app, web interface, myGHL), this is normal. It is done this way to give users the flexibility to have a different dashboard layout. Some may want a different layout when connecting over myGHL vs. connecting over the web interface.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Still, it would be nice to have consistent setting on a pr. device basis, this is not the case as it is now

I cannot add users in my myGHL or I simply missed hot to set it up correctly

I tried with all sorts of email adresses, and always end up in the same old loop

Attached Images Attached Images

You can share your device with other email address who also have a myGHL account.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Ahh finally I get it, thanks

But I do miss the option to keep the dashboard on any given device

Thanks for the fast responses

Hmm, in the setup your app states :
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By activating CloudStorage, your app setting and GHL-devices are synchronized on all devices connected to your myGHL Account.

This includes all platforms for which GHL-Connect is available :

º myGHL.com
    º GHL-Connect App for mobile devices
    º Web interface
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my question is, what is you definition of synchronisation, is is just the sensor data, which is readout from each instance of the app anyway
    or do I miss some basic understanding of the GHL-connect concept ?

In my perspective, the logic would be to save both data and the layout of the GHL-Connect app, as I have the same setup on my P4 Box
    same sensors, lights and peripherals so I don't really need a new layout of different devices.

And you should seriously consider both a dark mode and a non fullscreen option in this app, in fullscreen 80% of the titlebar is hidden behind the mic and camera on any Iphone 12+

By the way, the word "synchronized" should be spelled with an "s - synchronised" according to my grammar
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mistahbrock; 02.03.2022 at 08:02.