Thread: Comparing Slimlight 14,4W with Chichiros AII 21Watt

Default Comparing Slimlight 14,4W with Chichiros AII 21Watt

Well, I got two Chihiros AII series 451 (21 Watts each) because I found an offer and they had Bluetooth app and you can ramp on and off (no need to buy extra accessories to dim it, like on Slimline).

I place each one on my two Blau Aquarium Cubic aquariums (45x24x16 cm, note: only 16cm high). On my Dennerle 35lt I am running 2x Slimline 40 cm 14.4W.

Slimline, was the first led I used on an Aquarium, so I had nothing to compare it with. Well, now I have. And let me tell you, if I knew what I am getting, I wouldn’t buy A II Series from Chihiros.
    Even taking under consideration that the offer was 35% off (almost same price with Slimline but Chihiro’s includes the power brick and the Bluetooth), it is not worth the money. And here is why.

1. On my Slimline, I dim from 0% to 80% in 30 minutes as I do on my A II. Slimline dims so smoothly that you cannot see it. A II dims in a way that you can count the steps until it reaches the max delivery power.
    It’s like adjusting it by hand, you can see the clicks.

2. Slimline dims from 0%, A II claims it dims from 0% but when in turns ON it’s like going to 10% at once. And when dimming OFF, it’s like going from 10% to 0% at once.

3. Slimline % seems accurate, A II is just to give you a clue. You can hardly see the difference in the intense of the light when dimming from 80% to 100%, which is not the case on Slimline.

3. Slimline has 2 color channels, A II has only intensity.

4. Slimline never failed (I am using it for 10 months now). A II was set to dim up to 80% but after 15 days of use, it was getting up to 40%. I had to reset it from the app to make it dim again up to 80%.
    Now, imagine you are on vacation and the light goes up to 40%. You are going to lose all your plants, and if plants melt you may also lose your fish.

5. Slimline app is good. The only thing I would like to see is a manual override (like on “switch channel and outlets”) so I can turn them On instantly (when doing water change for instance).
    Missing this function, which really frustrates me, I thought that Chihiro’s app would be ok. But let me tell you, it sucks. It’s really a very bad designed app, really stupid.
    I do not know what they were thinking in Chihiro’s when they design the app, hope they will upgrade it sometime soon.

6. My 14.4W Slimline Watt is like 50% stronger than the A II which is 21W. I am running them both Slimlines at 80% on the Dennerle because they are strong enough. I am also running at 80% the A II but on
    an aquarium of 16 cm high. And let me tell you: I am getting more light on the gravel with my Slimline on the Dennerle 35 lt which has 28 cm height than with the A II on a 16 cm height.
    It is like Germans meters the Wattage on the output and Chinese on the input.

7. Slimline has adjustable legs, A II has not.

So GHL, please do something with the shipment cost. Other shops ships for free to many countries with orders more than 150€. When ordering from you, I need to pay 56,91€ for up to 4Kg.

So, if I make an order of 300€, shipping cost will add 56.91€ more, that is 18.97% on my order for shipping cost. This also makes impossible to place small orders.

If I need 2 more Slimline 14.4W, the shipping cost will add 34% of the value of the product (I will pay 2x 54.90€ for the lights and 56.91€ for shipping).
    Last edited by almost; 31.01.2022 at 14:13.

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

Hi,

manual override of Slimline is already possible. The description within the app is misleading, but it works. Use the Mitras Lightbar color channels to do so.

Extras -> Maintenance/Power cut -> Maintenance/Power cut 1 (e.g.) -> Mitras Lightbar

Each LED color channel correspond with a Slimline splitter channel.

red - splitter 1 / channel 1
    green - splitter 1 / channel 2
    blue - splitter 1 / channel 3
    warm white - splitter 1 / channel 4
    neutral white - splitter 1 / channel 5
    cool white (6500K) - splitter 1 / channel 6
    cool white (8000 K) - splitter 1 / channel 7
    royal blue - splitter 2 / channel 1
    hyper violett - splitter 2 / channel 2
    deep blue - splitter 2 / channel 3

Manual override of splitter 2 channels 4 to 7 is not possible because there are only 10 Lightbar colors.

If your slimline is connected to splitter 1 - channels 1 and 2, activate the colors red and green to override the standard settings during the maintenance.

I would never find it by myself. Really nice tip, thank you so much for sharing!

Already set it!

Now I need more Maintenance/Power cut than 4 since I am running my Profilux (with expansion box) in 2 aquariums
    Last edited by almost; 30.01.2022 at 23:51.

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

My pleasure!
    I will soon have the same problem with the number of maintenance modes