Thread: MyGHL id not valid after firmware update

Default MyGHL id not valid after firmware update

Profilux 4 's myGHL id and security key after firmware upgraded to 7.28 is

myGHL id : ******5244
    Security key : ---

Before adding profilux 4 unit to my existing doser 2.1 setup, I was able to connect to doser 2.1 through myGHL. But after adding profilux 4 to the system, I got rid of doser's myGHL and local wifi connection. Now I just connect to profilux locally via wifi. It's setup with static ip. when I try adding profilux to myGHL using the above id, it gave me connection error. I notice the security key is only 3 dashes "---". I suspect this indicates the unit is not communicating with GHL's servers ? therefore a 9 digit security key was not generated, and instead i get 3 dashes ? How can I resolve this ? My router firewall allows all outgoing traffic.
    Last edited by george7523; 19.01.2022 at 10:07.

The security key will be generated, when you assign it to your myGHL-account in the first step right after entering the myGHL-ID.
    If the key doesn't change or three dashes are still shown, it hasn't received the new key from the myGHL-server.
    Therefore, check that the myGHL-device has a valid ip configuration to reach the internet. Especially the gateway ip and dns server ip are relevant.
    Sometimes it helps to use an alternative DNS server like Google's DNS 8.8.8.8.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...o-myghl-cloud/

If you cannot resolve this issue, please create a support-ticket, where we can exchange more information, like the myGHL-ID, security key:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you very much ! It was as you suspected. I forgot to assign dns, so it defaulted to 0.0.0.0. After changing it to 192.168.1.1 I was able to add it to MyGHL.