Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calibrate pH and redox probe

Default Calibrate pH and redox probe

Just got my ghl profilux plus 2 and i need to calibrate my pH and redox probe!!!

i also need help with how to set the 4 plug bar to turn on and off ! please hope someone can help!!!

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

The manual covers all these functions, just take one step at a time. Below is a step by step guide for this function.

To calibrate the pH probe, press the centre button of the circle of buttons, then using the down arrow scroll down to pH settings press the centre button to select.
    Then scroll down, using the down arrow to Calibration, press the centre button to select this option.
    Cali tolerance can be left at 1, so press the centre button to select.

This will then prompt you to enter the first calibration value, you will have been supplied pH 7 and pH 9 solutions. Set this first value to pH 7.00 using the left and right arrows to select the number to change, and then the up and down arrows to increase/decrease the number until it reads 07.00 if it doesn't already.

Then press the centre button to accept, and do the same for the second calibration solution, this time ensuring the value is 09.00, and press the centre button to accept.

Place the pH electrode into the pH7.00 solution, and press the centre button to confirm.
    The system will then calibrate the probe to the first value pH 7.

Once this has completed it will bleep and display "Electr. in solution with pH 9.00 - once you have rinsed the electrode in fresh water and placed it in the pH9.00 solution press the centre button to accept and the system will calibrate the electrode to the second value.

Once it has completed, it will prompt you to save settings. use the left and right arrows to select <yes> and then press the centre button to confirm.

The pH electrode is now calibrated.

Give that a try first and then respond here for further instructions. As you get used to the menus, you will find it easy to navigate. I would recommend that you also connect the system to a PC using the RS232 cable and downloading the free software as you find it easier to navigate through the comprehensive functions.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by UK-GHL View Post
    Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

The manual covers all these functions, just take one step at a time. Below is a step by step guide for this function.

To calibrate the pH probe, press the centre button of the circle of buttons, then using the down arrow scroll down to pH settings press the centre button to select.
    Then scroll down, using the down arrow to Calibration, press the centre button to select this option.
    Cali tolerance can be left at 1, so press the centre button to select.

This will then prompt you to enter the first calibration value, you will have been supplied pH 7 and pH 9 solutions. Set this first value to pH 7.00 using the left and right arrows to select the number to change, and then the up and down arrows to increase/decrease the number until it reads 07.00 if it doesn't already.

Then press the centre button to accept, and do the same for the second calibration solution, this time ensuring the value is 09.00, and press the centre button to accept.

Place the pH electrode into the pH7.00 solution, and press the centre button to confirm.
    The system will then calibrate the probe to the first value pH 7.

Once this has completed it will bleep and display "Electr. in solution with pH 9.00 - once you have rinsed the electrode in fresh water and placed it in the pH9.00 solution press the centre button to accept and the system will calibrate the electrode to the second value.

Once it has completed, it will prompt you to save settings. use the left and right arrows to select <yes> and then press the centre button to confirm.

The pH electrode is now calibrated.

Give that a try first and then respond here for further instructions. As you get used to the menus, you will find it easy to navigate. I would recommend that you also connect the system to a PC using the RS232 cable and downloading the free software as you find it easier to navigate through the comprehensive functions.

Steve.

Thanks for replying spot on with that just it comes up basicley saying my ph prob is dead?

am just trying my redox as im typeing this very glad you can help as i have some help hopeing you dont mind me asking

i have a profilux view 2 iv got it pluged into L1 L2 it just show error: 1?? any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by garybuk View Post
    Thanks for replying spot on with that just it comes up basicley saying my ph prob is dead?

am just trying my redox as im typeing this very glad you can help as i have some help hopeing you dont mind me asking

i have a profilux view 2 iv got it pluged into L1 L2 it just show error: 1?? any ideas?
    Gary,

The Profilux View should not be connected to L1/L2 it is supplied with a cable that connects it to the RS232 port. Disconnect it immediately, before you damage it or the computer.

Gary

I think you are getting quite confused here

The GHL does not have a menu to tell you a pH probe is dead. if it does not calibrate then as per the manual, move the tolerence up to level 2 then try recalibrating.

As for connecting a View II to an L port if you have somehow managed to do this as Steve says your controller will be damaged.

I think the best thing to do here is have a good long read of the first few pages of the manual, familiarize yourself with what plugs in where and then move onto pH probe set up or re read Steve thorough explanation.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    Gary

I think you are getting quite confused here

The GHL does not have a menu to tell you a pH probe is dead. if it does not calibrate then as per the manual, move the tolerence up to level 2 then try recalibrating.

As for connecting a View II to an L port if you have somehow managed to do this as Steve says your controller will be damaged.

I think the best thing to do here is have a good long read of the first few pages of the manual, familiarize yourself with what plugs in where and then move onto pH probe set up or re read Steve thorough explanation.
    Hi this unit is 2nd hand and was suppled with the wire to attacte it to L port!

I have tryed to read the manuel it is hard to understand and im not the best reader / speller so i find that hard! sorry but i am very greatfull for the help im getting!!!

when i do the ph probe it comes up ph is deflective? i shell do a test via tolerence 2 and see what happens tho!

Hi i spoke to a bloke called steve!!! and he is very helpfull guy!! the chip is fine! other wise the unit would not power up at alll!!!

hes also explaine about calibrating ph and redox also greatfull for your help i have plenty more questions and i hope you dont mind

Got both my ph and redox working

i need help setting up my 4plug bar can anyone help on hear?

The analogue bars are the easiest.

Plug into S1S4 socket (DO NOT PLUG INTO AN L PORT)

Go to socket outlet function and select what you want one of the sockets to do i.e Temp 1 Heating

Now plug your heater into this socket after increasing the thermastat on the heater by 2 degrees.

Go to Temperature in the software and set your nominal value to the temperature you want the ProfiLux to turn your heater off at.

Voila you now have the ProfiLux operating your heater!

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    The analogue bars are the easiest.

Plug into S1S4 socket (DO NOT PLUG INTO AN L PORT)

Go to socket outlet function and select what you want one of the sockets to do i.e Temp 1 Heating

Now plug your heater into this socket after increasing the thermastat on the heater by 2 degrees.

Go to Temperature in the software and set your nominal value to the temperature you want the ProfiLux to turn your heater off at.

Voila you now have the ProfiLux operating your heater!
    woohoo thanks

Nother problem when it flashes alarm how can you tell what alarm is flashing too?
    i think i set it to tell me the alarm if it goes 3c over?
    Last edited by garybuk; 22.02.2009 at 21:02.