Thread: daisy chain two tanks for auto water change

Default daisy chain two tanks for auto water change

Is it possible to daisy chain auto water change function. That is, I would like to have the waste water from tank 1 to go into tank 2. On tank 1, I already have auto water change programmed and working using two optical sensor and two neptune pmup plugged into the powerbar. On tank 2, I would like to use another pmup to pump out the same amount of water as tank 1's waste water, so that tank 1's waste water can be directed into tank2 instead of the drain. I currently have 1 optical sensor on tank 2 for ATO. I suppose since both tanks would be using the same neptune pmup to pump out waste water, I can just plug both pmup into the same powerbar socket. So that when tank 1's AWC switches on, as tank 1's pmup pump waste water into tank2, tank2's own pmup is pumping same amount of water out into the drain. Since both are using identical pmup, there should be roughly the same amount of water being exchanged. Seems ok logically, but somehow it seems a bit haphazard on the fact they're identical pumps. If I set up tank 2 with two optical level sensor, is there a safer way to program this daisy chain awc ? thanks

original_66568c99-9e7d-4753-93d8-10f7207064fe_PXL_20220113_010728407.jpg

Hi,

you could use a level sensor with operation mode return pump or one or two level sensors with inverted signal and operation mode ATO (with one or two sensors). The pump then needs to react to fill water.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.