Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with KHD readings

My pH probe seems to be a bit slow in recognising the change, I keep getting error titration takes to long, I've just watched the pH reading and it goes up while the reagent is being added and then after a few seconds starts to decrease

How old is the probe?
    If it's showing slower reaction than what you remember seeing before, it's probably time to re-calibrate.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

I brought the unit second hand, and am told the probe was new in August.
    I've calibrated the probe several times at the correct temperature but am getting titration takes too long error.
    The pH reading goes up before it starts to come down
    I've checked the calibration of the dosing heads and have tried a new bottle of reagent but still no luck.
    Can I use my p4 probe to test if that works ?

It is possible the probe has reached end of life and will need replacing. Being that this was a second hand unit, there's no telling how long it sat in the box before being put to use. This also plays a role in the longevity of the KHD probe.

No, a traditional pH probe cannot be used because they are not the same. KHD probe is modified for horizontal use and made specifically for the KHD.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Will order a new probe, unfortunately its going to take about 10 days to arrive

Unfortunately my probe has been returned the GHL due to some issue with the contents of other items in the box

Can I use my P4 probe and stand the KHD up so the probe would be in vertically?

I could so with eliminating the probe being at fault so I can work on resolving the issues

The KHD must lay horizontally with the probe also laying in the same way. The pH probe from the P4 is NOT the same kind used by the KHD and would therefore not be a suitable alternative.

OK, just trying to find a way of testing without a new probe as I don't know how long it'll now take.

Should the measurement cell hold water in once the test has been completed? Until the next test is due ? I haven't used it for a awhile and have taken the probe out and the cell is dry leaving the probe to of been dry for days also

The probe should be stored in water if it won't be used for more than 2 days. Otherwise it has a chance of drying out completely if it sits inside an inactive KHD measurement cell.