Thread: Calibration of dosing pump without rounding

Default Calibration of dosing pump without rounding

Hey,

I calibrated my GHL doser 2.1 pumps today. I set them up to speed 1, which resulted on calibrations between 8.5 and 9.7 ml/min. I set them up accordingly with the PC ghl connect, and I checked that decimal values were properly stored. However, they were rounded up to 9ml/min or 8ml/min later, maybe when I edited pump configuration on the web application.

That can be up to 10% variations with this speed setup so I'm wondering if this is working as intended or if I did something wrong.

Cheers,

I've set up it again, and I think I know what happened. GHL Control accepts "." as a decimal separator, or at least it does not complain about it and keeps showing the value as set, even after clicking "save". However, either that is not stored in the database as a valid value, or it is not loaded by the web app properly.

Looks like using "," works well across all the apps. I think this is a bug and should be corrected. GHL Control (and any other of the apps) should enforce "," as separator, or warn, or automatically turn "." into ",".

GHL Control Center should take over the settings from the system here, is the decimal separator set correctly in Windows?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Not really sure, but in any case accepting a value, showing it in the UI after focussing out from the input field or even after reloading, but then storing something else when opening the settings from the web, is not really good.

When saving the changes the values are not updated, but after clicking on 'Update view' or closing and reopening the page in GCC the values should be updated.
    In the app the values are also updated after saving the changes.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I can confirm that indeed, when using "update view" I get back the rounded value. I would still recommend having some action on the focus lost event in the inputs to validate them.

Cheers,

Hey!

I just want to add that I saw another instance of the same problem. The maximum valid value for a pump flow seems to be 1000. In the web UI, if setting something higher, the input box becomes red and changes can't be saved. However, in the windows GCC program, I can set it to a higher value and save, and I get no error. The only way of detecting this is wrong is by re-loading the values to see that the value stored is actually different to what was displayed before.