Thread: My complete profilux setup: Water Change, ATO, Dosing, Temp, Humidity

Default My complete profilux setup: Water Change, ATO, Dosing, Temp, Humidity

Hey,

I want to share how I'm setting up my freshwater malawi aquarium to get feedback and improve the profilux setup, as I'm new to this.

Basically, I have

- 2 level sensors (opticals)
    - 2 Power bars
    - Probes for Temp, ph, Redox and conductivity
    - GHL Doser with 4 pumps
    - Humidity and temperature sensor

Abd what I'm doing is

WATER CHANGES
    - Timer 1 controls the SUMP pump, stopping it between 00:00 and 00:15 (and keeping it on otherwise). I've set that up by assigning the switch of this pump (using the timer option) to the timer as invert, and setting the timer between 00:00 and 00:15
    - Timer 3 controls water drain, by powering up a peristaltic pump between 00:00 and 00:04. I've callibrated the pump so in these 4 minutes it extracts a certain precise amount of water. I've set a short timmer for 240s and assigned the switch that controls the peristaltic drainage pump to this timer using the Timer option
    - Timer 2 starts ATO with 2 sensors between 00:05 and 00:15. I've done that by setting up Timer 2 at 00:05 and then assigning the two sensors to an ATO circuit that starts with Timer 2. I've set a max run time of 10 minutes (although it is done by the timer already). Then I've assigned the switch that controls the electro-valve that fills water into the aquarium as Fill Water ATO only to the ATO circuit

What I also intend to do is have the 4 dosage pumps start at 00:05 to add the necessary amount of anti-cloramine and several Malawi salts. Such amount will be what matches the amount of water that I drain with the peristaltic pump in 4 minutes. I think I need to do that by assigning an schedule to each of the 4 pumps to run at a specific time every day.

TEMPERATURE
    I have a chiller and a heater plugged into the Powerbase. Then I use the thermometer to control these two.

HUMIDITY AND AIR TEMPERATURE
    I have an extractor on the cabinet that takes air outside of the house. I've set a programable logic gate OR with input 1 = AirTemperature chiller and input2 = Humidity Control donwards. Then I've assigned this programable logic gate to the switch that controls the extractor.

WHAT I HAVEN'T SET UP
    - Leackage detector. I have the sensor ready, but I'm not sure how to use it. Ideally it would turn of the main pump (the one that I power off when doing the water change) and prevent any water fill (overwrite the ATO orders).

I've seen that the leackage detector controls water fill by enabling it, so I guess I would need to do programable logic to create a water fill that is a ATO Water Fill AND Water Fill, so it only works if the ATO wants more water and the leackage is allowing it. Is that correct?

And then for the main pump, rather than using the timmer that I use, I would need to combine programable logic to do AND of the timer and inverted Water fill, right?

The thing is that I would also need to prevent the automated dosing when this happens, as otherwise I would add more salt to the aquarium without actually adding water, and that's not ideal.

So I wonder if there's any way to create some sort of chained routine, so draining, ATO and Dosing are all part of the same routine that only triggers when there's no leackage... Is there such a function?

Cheers!
    Last edited by othermore; 08.12.2021 at 02:07.

Hey!

Any feedback or ideas, especially on setting up water changes simpler so I can trigger them manually rather than relying on a bunch of timers for the different phases?

Cheers,