Thread: KHD won’t run 1st test

Default KHD won’t run 1st test

After calibrating the pH probes and measuring out the tubing, a well as enabling the KHD, when I press the [flush measurement cell] on the GHL connect app, nothing happens.

The KHD land the dosing pump top led lights are blinking white.

The led lights next to the KHD PAB cable the state is green and the com is lit yellow, while the doser led lights next to the PAB cable the state is green but the com is NOT illuminated.

I suspect this is my issue but again, I can’t figure out how to work this out.

Thanks

Are you using the pumps of a slave or standalone Doser for your KHD?
    Are all PAB devices detected under "Assign devices" by the master device?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thilo,

Thank you for your response. I reconnected and then added the doser to the PAB. The lights are alternating yellow and white, while the options to flush measurement cell etc w/in the KHD are now grey'd out and non responsive.

Could you please describe your setup and check if all PAB devices are correctly detected.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I’m not sure a video helps but since I put the doser into a slave function, all components flash yellow/white. All PAB devices are connected. I’ve run GHL products since around 2009. DA50C641-8BD3-4E61-A679-9F8D4A3CB3C8.jpg

Maybe the Doser firmware is not up to date or the pump numbering is not correct. If neither is the issue, please create a ticket and provide us with the myGHL ID if your device is connected to myGHL.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...kets-enquiries

Thanks again,

Last time I tried to update the Firmware on the doser, the update failed and the USB wouldn't connect to it. The Doser was unresponsive to the manual override buttons and the GHL logo light was Off so I recovered the device. Pump assignment shouldn't be an issue (1-3 water sample, reagent and waste water). So the firmware said it was successful, but I'm back to square one and will have to recover the device AGAIN. I'm still going to run a ticket so I don't continue to chase my tail on this.

I have another weird issue. When I click on that link, I can't log in. I suspect this is due to the fact that I have a email address for the forums that is different from myGHL. Is that correct? The odd thing is when I place either email address into it, it says there is no email registered. When I press the forgot the email address, the same error happens. I'm just full of wonderful technological ineptitude. Should I start a new account? For now logging in as guest.
    Last edited by rreeves; 04.12.2021 at 01:59. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by rreeves View Post
    Thanks again,

Last time I tried to update the Firmware on the doser, the update failed and the USB wouldn't connect to it. The Doser was unresponsive to the manual override buttons and the GHL logo light was Off so I recovered the device. Pump assignment shouldn't be an issue (1-3 water sample, reagent and waste water). So the firmware said it was successful, but I'm back to square one and will have to recover the device AGAIN. I'm still going to run a ticket so I don't continue to chase my tail on this.

I have another weird issue. When I click on that link, I can't log in. I suspect this is due to the fact that I have a email address for the forums that is different from myGHL. Is that correct? The odd thing is when I place either email address into it, it says there is no email registered. When I press the forgot the email address, the same error happens.
    1) I recovered the device again and reinstalled the latest firmware during the recovery. ( I am concerned about future Firmware updates via GHL connect, since thats what locked me out again, but I'll cross that bridge when I need to).
    2) I disabled all PAB's, set the SAD to slave mode.
    3) Added the KHD and SAD to the PAB.

I thought I had solved my problem as the grey'd out boxes for flushing the cell etc now are functional. The issue is, any control of the assigned pumps 1-3 will only run for a second and then you can hear the "motor' run but there is no mechanical findings seen on the stepper pumps. Non assigned pumps run manually and via GHL connect as expected. I've started a ticket as a guest, but if this is something that could be addressed here in the forum, I'll close the ticket out.

Thank you.

I have another weird issue. When I click on that link, I can't log in. I suspect this is due to the fact that I have a email address for the forums that is different from myGHL. Is that correct?
    The login to the ticket system currently only works with GHL USA Store accounts. We are currently waiting for an update of the used plugin with which we can simplify the login and make it more understandable.

I thought I had solved my problem as the grey'd out boxes for flushing the cell etc now are functional. The issue is, any control of the assigned pumps 1-3 will only run for a second and then you can hear the "motor' run but there is no mechanical findings seen on the stepper pumps. Non assigned pumps run manually and via GHL connect as expected. I've started a ticket as a guest, but if this is something that could be addressed here in the forum, I'll close the ticket out.
    If all pumps are affected, the power supply unit could be the problem. I have answered your ticket with more details.

Thanks for the solution;

For those following along or w/ similar issues

-Always update to the latest firmware 1st (That wasn't my problem but that can solve 90% of issues)
    -My power supply was defective and was underpowering the device. Changing the power supply solved the issue.