Thread: device cannot be added to myGHL

Default device cannot be added to myGHL

Hello,

I tried to set the device as exposed in the router and to disable the windows firewall (I do not have another one) but stil error mesages.

I am fighting with the doser + KHD for 2 days. This needs to be more user firendly in my opinion. I had to:
    -use my old laptop because the doser is not recognized in my new desktop, the GHL drivers give errors. Why still have to select the port in an USB connection? Thousands of devices in the market that work flawlessly.
    -recalibrate several times the pH probe. I started with a result of KH 11, then 6.8 consistently, then after recalibration 7,7 that is OK (ADC values changed slightly from 56370 and 35338 to 57132 and 35036, can this explain the different results). Very time consuming process.
    -Opening the chasis to see what is going on is not allowed, that could help to debug and save time of the users.
    -manuals are very weak, you have to go straight to the troubleshooting guides

Sorry but I have to say that, I own a profilux 2 and a 3 and expected this one to have improved with the wifi connectivity. This needs too much effort from the user and at the end it is hard to trust. Hopefully you can help me with the myGHL access.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,

It worked all of a sudden, I tried the same on different days without success till this afternoon that my doser was added to myGHL. I opened a ticket 3 days ago but no reply.

It is a pity that the software is so unstable and there is no feedback to the user of what is going on. In the videos and on line manuals there are 3 different ways to add the devices and it is suggested to try one after the other if the previous do not work. The videos are from 2018 and 2019 and the firmware from 2021 and some of the options are different https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...o-myghl-cloud/

When it works it is a really nice device. I am considering to buy the ION director, but it looks too new in the market. Sorry if I was critisizing too much but one expects more reliability on a device of this price range.

Now I have the problem that I have activated the option to record the data from the KH director but nothing displayed in the graphs of the past 3 days that the KH director has been taking measurements at 12:00

Thanks
    Last edited by chelmon; 03.11.2021 at 17:46.