Thread: connecting doser to wifi

Default connecting doser to wifi

Hi there,

I am trying to connect my doser 2.1 to my home network in order to connect it to myghl and the ghl connect app to use the doser. I am having a lot of trouble which i cant figure out why. I have three main questions, which i have tried to lay out as clearly as possible, thank you in advance.

I have followed all the steps to connect my doser 2.1 to my home wi fi network. I thought this had been successful because the ghl logo was flashing blue. it tends to flash a pale purple colour for a bit, and then flashes blue for a bit, and always goes between the two.

FIRST QUESTION: is this normal or should it be only flashing blue if it has successfully connected to my wifi network?

1. I tried to connect first with an automatic IP, and then with a static, following advice of how to do so online.
    2. When i ping the doser IP, when I set it static, it comes back that the destination is unreachable.
    3. when IP is either static or automatic, when i check the router settings it shows that the doser has not connected to my wifi network, it does not appear.
    4. I can connect to the doser on control centre only via usb, even when the doser is flashing blue, i cannot connect it on the network setting
    5. However despite all this my doser is flashing blue light, implying that it is connected to the wifi, and all the details of the network have been filled in accurately.
    6. Because the flashing blue light made me think the doser is connected, i disconnected it in an attempt to produce a hotspot to add the device to my ghl connect app, however neither of these have been possible, i cannot connect the device via myghl, or the connect app, or the control centre (without usb)

SECOND QUESTION: why is my doser flashing blue if all other indicators suggest it has not connected to my home network?

THIRD QUESTION: I think I have a bit of conceptual confusion. what is the purpose of and difference between these three things: GHL control centre, MyGHL, and the GHL Connect app? what are the purposes of each one, in relation to the other, or how should i be using them in relation to each other?

Finding this all very confusing, despite seemingly following exact steps as found online!
    Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by fmci99; 18.10.2021 at 22:18.

Hi, can anyone help with this?
    Thanks

..... ?

Hi,

please open a ticket and provide a screenshot of the Dosers network settings: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.