Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Push Notifications are here!

Default Push Notifications are here!

The long awaited push notification feature is finally here and ready for prime time. With this new feature you can customize which notifications to receive during alarms, warning events and more. If an alarm is triggered at any moment, the notification will be sent directly to any mobile device which has the GHL Connect app installed.

How to use this new feature:
    Make sure your GHL device (starting with ProfiLux 4) is running on the newest firmware along with the newest version of GHL Connect app (3.15.3 (Beta)). Once that is done, you can enable the feature in the app settings page. Next, in the app, press the blue gear icon belonging to your myGHL device connection and enable push notifications for that device. You can now connect to your GHL device however you wish and go to the NETWORK page to configure which notifications to receive.

Combine email and push notifications for the ultimate experience
    The more ways your GHL device can reach you, the better Use both features to stay more connected to your aquarium than ever before.

Push notifications will continue to evolve
    What we’ve released is not everything that will be offered. Push notifications will be an ever evolving feature that will further expand the way you interact with your aquarium. We have big plans in store (displaying actual sensor values, etc.) and we can’t wait to share it with you!
    Push notifcation options.jpg
    Push notifcations view.jpg
    myGHL dev push notif activate.jpg
    Push notification settings.jpg
    Last edited by Vinny; 18.10.2021 at 17:24.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Hi,

Now I can't connect to profilux 4 from the app. I have version 3.13.51 and the one you mention is 3.15.3 which is not on Google Play or on the download page.

What do we do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EgaReef View Post
    Hi,

Now I can't connect to profilux 4 from the app. I have version 3.13.51 and the one you mention is 3.15.3 which is not on Google Play or on the download page.

What do we do?

Thanks
    Hi,

Firmware 7.25 is required for notifications, 7.28 can be downloaded here: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-1-3-7/

For the app https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7003180 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ter.GHLConnect

Gaël

I can not figure out how to turn this on. I updated my firmware on my P4 to 7.28 the app on my iPhone is 3.13.5

The instructions say "you can enable the feature in the app settings page" Am i looking at the wrong app settings?

app settings 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Skydivingcatfan View Post
    I can not figure out how to turn this on. I updated my firmware on my P4 to 7.28 the app on my iPhone is 3.13.5

The instructions say "you can enable the feature in the app settings page" Am i looking at the wrong app settings?

app settings 2.jpg
    Hi,

you need GHLConnect 3.15.3 BETA (https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7003180)
    Beta only available on Android for the moment

Gaël

Thanks

I'm probably gonna buy a new profilux 4e starterset next week. Do push notifications also work with the profilux 4e or only the 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico F. View Post
    I'm probably gonna buy a new profilux 4e starterset next week. Do push notifications also work with the profilux 4e or only the 4?
    Hi,

The Profilux 4e is a Profilux 4 with the same hardware except for the conductivity input and a Redox/pH port as well as 2 S-Ports:

"In comparison to ProfiLux 4, ProfiLux 4e has in the basic configuration one switchable pH/ORP input instead of two and no conductivity input, and in addition the less required S ports (digital outputs / connection for classicpowerbars) have been removed. Otherwise ProfiLux 4e is identical to ProfiLux 4."

Gaël

Gaël,

the differences between 4 and 4e, i'm aware of. It was just to be sure that the push notifications will also work with the 4e.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico F. View Post
    Gaël,

the differences between 4 and 4e, i'm aware of. It was just to be sure that the push notifications will also work with the 4e.
    To be honest I don't have a 4e on hand, but the processor is the same, the firmware is the same, I'm sure notifications will be available.

Gaël