Thread: Splitter Cable YL2 for 1-10V output on Profilux 4

Default Splitter Cable YL2 for 1-10V output on Profilux 4

Hello,
    I bought two YL2-1 Lighting Splitter Cable (Bulk Reef Supply PO# 1102329907 SKU 231939) to get two separate 1-10V signals from the yellow port 1/2.
    I only get #1 output signal on both ports.
    I tested as follows to verify the signal output.

1. Pump 1 Constant flow 40% on Extra, Stream Group 1
    2. Pump 2 Constant flow 100% on Extra, Stream Group 1
    3. Assigned Pump #1 to Channel #1 of 1-10V Interface and shows about 40% of output range on GCC
    4. Assigned Pump #2 to Channel #2 of 1-10V Interface and shows about 100% of output range on GCC
    5. RJ12 cable on Yellow port 1/2 -> Splitter -> 1) to #1 PropellerControl-2.1 speed control module and 2) #2 PropellerControl-2.1 speed control module
    4. The output Voltage form the both speed control modules follow the % setting of Stream Pump #1 and Channel #1 of 1-10V interface.
    * I measured the output voltages of speed control modules with a precision digital multimeter.

I am intending to control two third-party Pumps having 1-10V interface thru a L-port P-port Brakout box.
    I understand YL-2 splitter cable is for this purpose to separate two signals from one RJ12 port.
    Please help me to indicate what I have done wrong.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Son in Seoul Korea

Hi,

YL2-1 does not separate but duplicates, you need to make different cables for your pumps, one takes L1 and the other L2.

Gael

Quote Originally Posted by itsmorefun View Post
    Hi,

YL2-1 does not separate but duplicates, you need to make different cables for your pumps, one takes L1 and the other L2.

Gael
    Hello Gael,
    Whoops, it is physical duplicator, not a signal splitter.
    Same ones are available at aliexpress for couple of 10 cents which are widely used network communication field.
    hardly understand why it is different form the level splitter cable.
    I think I can DIY to relocate the internal wiring of the RJ12 connector/splitter.

Thanks for your kind information.

Son