Thread: Long load times and connection drop outs through GHL Connect (Android)

Default Long load times and connection drop outs through GHL Connect (Android)

Hi All

I've been really struggling with the GHL Connect App.

I have a SA KH Director that I've connected to LAN.

When I open the app it loads the last measurement 90% of the time, the chart maybe 75% of the time and the doser maybe 20% of the time.

When I close the app and re-try it often still struggles to load the doser.

When it dose load everything, whenever I save any chances it does so, but then drops the connection and I have to try reload the entire app again - it's honestly painful.

When given the option of retrying or disconnecting, the retry NEVER works and I have to disconnect if I want a chance of it connecting again.

I switched from WIFI to LAN and it's made zero difference.

My WIFI connection in the house is strong throughout, so it's not a problem with my phone getting reception for the app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's really difficult to use currently.

I had quite a few issues with loading on Android. Note10+.
    I turned off expert mode
    Shortened my graphs to show a week's worth of data
    Power cycled my phone

I think that is the only thing you can do. I do not have as many issues with my iPad, another Samsung phone, or Samsung tablets.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Dashboard load times are heavily dependent on what tiles you have loading and the order they are in. The Dashboard loads from top to bottom. Charts will take the longest to load and should therefore be positioned more towards the bottom with the time and dosing info at the top.

How you are connecting also makes a difference. Connecting directly through your network (local connection) is going to be quicker than connecting through the myGHL connection.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks Vinny.

I rearranged the tiles and it's loaded the dosers on the dashboard quicker, but I'm still having load issues when I go into the dosers main page or into an individual doser.

90% of the time it says loading for 1min, fails and gives me the option to disconnect or retry.

I literally have to try 10 or more times of closing and reopening the app just on the off chance that the doser MAY load.

Then 90% of those times it won't save the changes I make and times out.

Every page that I try get to gets stuck similarly with "Please Wait" and then never loads. General setting, Control... all of it almost never loads.

Honestly, it's barely usable in it's current state.
    Last edited by NautilusReef; 22.09.2021 at 09:12.

Please open a ticket and tell us how you have configured the network settings: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So, I did submit a ticket, but I could not find a place to actually register, so had to use a guest login.

They did not resolve my issue and I can't reply because I used a guest login.

You can login with the same guest login information to reply. What is the ticket number?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks

Where do you go to actually register as a user?

Ticket #4543

It is currently not possible to register specifically for the ticket system. You can log in with a GHL USA Store account.

For what it's worth I resolved this by setting my router's wifi 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels both to 6 rather than auto. It appears as if setting it to auto caused the ghl connect app to have horrible connection issues. Since doing so Ive had zero connection issues and its been 100% stable.