Thread: Air in sample line

Default Air in sample line

I bought a new kh director that came with a water filter. I installed the filter correctly with the arrow. However, there is air bubble once the test starts. It consistently has air bubble when the filter fills halfway. I tried with zip ties with and without extra tubing before filter. This all points to a leak in the filter. Is this expected?

Hello,

How is the filter oriented? Can you share a photo showing the size of this air bubble?
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello,

How is the filter oriented? Can you share a photo showing the size of this air bubble?
    It's oriented vertically in my sump. It's a large air bubble that comes after the filter is filled halfway. This is followed by a few smaller bubble after a few seconds. I repeated this several times to the same effect. I've since removed the filter.

Please open a support ticket for further assistance.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Ticket #4525