Thread: Octo (Reef Octopus) and Tunze stream groups

Default Octo (Reef Octopus) and Tunze stream groups

Currently I have two Octo pumps, one Tunze 6105 and one 6095. They make and up and down wave on a sequential basis (first one of the Octo, then the 6105, then the 6095 and finalle the second Octo). When one of the pumps is working on the up-down wave, the rest of the pumps are in the minimum flow.

I would like to combine each Octo with one of the Tunze forming pairs that work on alternate stream groups, so that when the pair Octo 1-Tunze 6105 is sending the maximum amount of flow from one side the other pair (Octo 2-Tunze 6095) is pumping the minimum amount of flow from the opposite side. Is that possible?

Yes.

You can do this by using 2 Steam Groups. The Octo and 6105 would be assigned to Group 1 and the 6095 to Group 2.

The other option would be to use one of the Surge modes with all 3 pumps assigned to one Stream Group. The KB article here shows you how this would work in a 3 pump configuration.
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...with-profilux/
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thank you for the response. However, I still do not see how to make that two stream groups work in a coordinated way. I mean, the first stream group works at minimum flow or even stops working while the second group makes waves for, let's say, two hours. Then, you reverse that. I understand that you can make several pumps work in a coordinated way when they are all assigned to the same group, but I'm not able to figure out how to coordinate different stream groups.

I just had an idea. May be using two sockets, connecting each pair of pumps to one different socket and then using programable logic to assign different timer functions to those sockets. Would that work?
    Last edited by chema61; 21.09.2021 at 13:07.

Possibly for what you are wanting to do.
    Two devices plugged into the same socket will make them react the same way.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Possibly for what you are wanting to do.
    Two devices plugged into the same socket will make them react the same way.
    Then, if I connect a Tunze 6105 and a Octo by means of RJ12 cables to each socket of a YL2 cable and the YL2 to port L1/L2 then both pumps will react the same way?

As long as the Octo control cable has a GHL compatible pinout on their cable, yes both pumps will react accordingly.

Hi Vinny: thank you for your response. The Octo connection is through the GHL breakout box. Therefore the RJ12 cable that comes out of the box and connects to the YL2 cable is GHL.

Okay then yes it should work.