Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting PC

Default Connecting PC

I have now updated my PC with Windows Vista and after this I cannot connect with my Profilux computer anymore. I am using a USB adapter for RS 232 connection and fixed wire (GHL original cable).

Frage

Did you checked the COM port settings ?

Checked COM ports through Device Manager, adapter connected to COM15. But no connection when scanning all ports in Profilul PC program.
    Have also tried to use other COM port without any sucess.

Ausrufezeichen

Have you got the correct driver, see link below

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...aller_1025.exe

No change, still same problem.

Ausrufezeichen

When installing the driver your cable should be disconected.
    After the instal of the driver you plug in the usb->rs232 cable.
    Now windows should say that he found something new.
    In your device manager there should be a new com-port.
    You said that you have it installed on com 15 that is not normal, i think that you are using some other divice that makes new comports.
    Try to remove all comports before you go on.
    When you realy need them they wil be made again.

I do not get any information from PC about New hardware have been found. Could it be that drivers already have been installed?
    After updating PC with Windows Vista, when I tried to connect through USB/RS-232 cable the PC asked for driver for USB-adapter. Then I used driver that was delivered with USB-adapter (for Windows XP), but connection failed.
    After this have I downloaded and installed new driver, but I have not received any recognition of new hard ware when I have tried to connect through USB-adapter. Should I start all over with installation and from where to be sure that everything is correct?
    The PC have choosen COM port 15, all COM port from 3 to 14 are in use. Should I remove all com ports and if so how do I do it?

Mine RS-232/USB adapter is from Deltaco, not from Profilux. Could this be the problem, I have seen in other forum that adapter need to be based on specific chip set?

Ausrufezeichen

Hello, in your first question you said that you used the originel cable
    I am not 100% shure but think that not every cable wil communicate with your profilux.
    Try to buy a original one and start over again.
    To remove the com ports you alrady made go to the Device Manager and just delete them all, please do so.
    Once you have got the right cable you start procedure all over again, so FIRST install driver then cable, NOTE that you allways use the same USB port sins the driver wil make a com port that corrensponds to that port.
    The right comport wil be found in the Device Manager just fill this in your profilux program (PC) and it wil work fine.
    Hope your next post wil say YES IT WORKS FINE.

YS
    Pete / APCP

The cable is original, I was refering to USB adapter.
    Anyway it seems to be working now.
    I have removed all other COM port settings and uninstalled USB-adapter. Thereafter installed USB-adapter (COM port 3). Then trying to connect without success, but when I use another USB port it works. Even more strange is that next time, does not the last USB port work, now does the orignal USB port work. After this does original port work all the time.
    Do anyone have an explanation?