Thread: Losing Communication from direct USB and other connection means.

Default Losing Communication from direct USB and other connection means.

I use to troubleshoot software, hardware problems for a living.
    Please takes these inputs serious and not dismiss them for random errors, other here have these problems also.

1) Never had any communication problems with P2, it was 100% solid.

2) P3 communication errors out on during socket changes, and only when state changes.
    This can happen during manual override or when the controller changes the state on his own.

3) P3 communication is solid when the socket state does not change, tested for an hour or so without any problem.
    Can click on any screen make adjustments with no problem.

4) Its only happens with loads around 1 amp and above. I couldn't narrow this anymore.

I know its not easy to fix something without a starting point, and I hope this is a good start.
    Thank you.

I guess you have a non-grounded notebook (battery operated) connected. The problem is that electromagnetic noise, which can occur during switching, can't be eliminated through a GND connection.
    Is this right?
    Do you use a grounded PSU for the ProfiLux?

This could help: Use notebook with connected PSU (I hope it has GND connection) or use grounded ProfiLux PSU.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

My Profilux 3, that i brought new this year came with 2 prong PS (ungrounded).

But I have been using my laptop with the Power Supply and yes its grounded.
    Wouldn't the USB Cable, ground the Profilux through the cable?

Also, I am using a APC UPS, both the Profilux and the PSU for the laptop are connected to it.

I thought PAB Sockets uses SCR for the switch? Hows does SCR created Electromagnetic noise, we not switching at high speeds, not even close.

If I design relay circuit and move the load from the socket to the external relay (same concept as the ProfiLux High AMP Expansion Socket) this should also fix my problem?

Like always thank you.

I think a grounded PSU for the ProfiLux could fix it.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok, I did more testing, but Opposite what you told me to do, lol.

By removing the PSU of the laptop away from the APC UPS 120v supply and moving to another outlet from a different location of my room.
    Problem cleared.

Also used the USB cable and not have the laptop PSU not connected also cleared the problem.

I am in agreement with you, about the Profilux PSU not being grounded properly, but not 100% sure yet, need to get a grounded PSU.
    This could explain some people random issues?

Question is, How do I get a replacement PSU from GHL?
    I just brought this controller like 3 month ago.
    IS GHL sending and selling grounded PSU now?

I can work around this now, its seem to be 100% solid now and do not really need a grounded PSU, unless you think I should.

I really hope this helps anyone out there, having these issues.

Again Thank you Matthias.
    Last edited by Yaragos; 30.09.2011 at 19:38.