Thread: How many LX7200 for my tank

Default How many LX7200 for my tank

Hello,

I Want to buy a LX7200 for my tank but it’s difficult to estimate how many mitras LX7200 i need.
    The dimention if my tank is 180cmx120cm and 70 cm for the depth.
    Thank

Hi,

For that size tank, I would recommend doing a 2 rows of 3x L7206 for a total of 6 fixtures.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Similarly, what would you recommend @Vinny for a freshwater Co2 injected tank looking for carpeting plants on the floor with a tank measuring 1536 x643 x 550mm (LxWxH)
    I was seeking to emulate this identical tank with 3 x 7204 and wanted to make sure it was enough lighting (haven't seen any pics of this tank in later stages)
    i-VtMSxGM-XL.jpg

Thanks
    Last edited by GHLFlusspferd; 09.09.2021 at 04:22.

Quote Originally Posted by GHLFlusspferd View Post
    Similarly, what would you recommend @Vinny for a freshwater Co2 injected tank looking for carpeting plants on the floor with a tank measuring 1536 x643 x 550mm (LxWxH)
    I was seeking to emulate this identical tank with 3 x 7204 and wanted to make sure it was enough lighting (haven't seen any pics of this tank in later stages)
    i-VtMSxGM-XL.jpg

Thanks
    Hi,

For that size tank, I would recommend doing 2x LX7006 and 1x 7004 fixture in the middle. This would be suitable for more light demanding plants.

Since each 7206 fixture can cover about 914mm x 609mm, if you position the 7004 in the middle it will give you an extra blast of light for maximum coverage and plenty of light for the plants at the bottom.

The alternative would be 3 or 4 LX 7004 fixtures if you wish to have the lighting aesthetics match.

If you don't plan on keeping many light demanding plants, then 2x 7006 will be sufficient.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Thanks, much appreciated. I presume the lx7006 are mounted perpendicular to the tank in that case?

Yes, if you do 2x 7006 and 1x 7004. Otherwise, only 2x 7006 should be positioned parallel.