Thread: need some advice before attempting update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default need some advice before attempting update

Hi all,

I am hoping for some advice before attempting to upgrade my Profilux 3.1N ex. I bought the controller new when they were first introduced. It took me forever to get it set up and working properly. I set it up with a laptop connected via usb. I think it is running software version 5.1.7.2. I haven't had to touch the controller in 5 years and it has ran flawlessly. I need to access the controller to change my dosing pump settings however the laptop with the software on it is no longer available.

So, I ran an Ethernet cable to the controller and connected it to my home network. I need to install the new software on my desktop but I am nervous that if it crashes, I don't have the old settings anywhere and can't go back to my old settings. I have no idea what they are.

Can someone please advise me on the proper steps to take? I have read that I need to first download the new controller software GCC v1.1.3.3. If I do that and am able to connect to the Profilux 3.1, will there be an option to save the settings before upgrading the software in case it fails?

I apologize if this is a simple question but it just took me so long and so much frustration to set it up the first time that I fear having to repeat that nightmare.
    Last edited by webster1234; 13.07.2021 at 23:52.