Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights for Dennerle 35lt scaper's tank

Default Lights for Dennerle 35lt scaper's tank

Hi,

I have the Dennerle 35lt scaper's tank and I am thinking to upgrade my lighting.

I have Profilux III ex and I was thinking about Mitras Slimline.

My first question is if one Mitras 40cm long will be enough to cover the aquarium depth which is 32 cm? (Aquarium dimensions: W 40cm, D 32cm , H 28cm)

My second question is if the bellow list is what I need to order so I can dim it from Profilux III ex:

Mitras Slimline
    Mitras-SL-PSU80
    Mitras-LB-Splitter
    Mitras Slimline Splitter RS232, dimmable

Best Regards,
    Vlasis
    Last edited by almost; 02.12.2020 at 15:27.

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

Hi Vlasis,

The Mitras Slimline 40 will nicely cover that size aquarium without issue.

In order to connect this to a P3, you would need everything on your list except the LB-Splitter. The Slimline Splitter RS232 comes with the necessary cable to connect this to your P3.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thank you so much Vinny!

I just receive the Slimline 40cm Skyline with the RS232 splitter and connected it to my Profilux 3ex.

Unfortunately, one Slimline can not cover the depth (32 cm) of Dennerle 35lt. It is good in covering from side to side (width-front view) and the Hight (top view) but not the Depth (front 2back side). So I need to order a second Slimline.

I do not mind ordering a second Slimline but I do mind paying extra 56€ for shipment since I could get the second Slimline in the order I placed and pay 13€ more for the shipment (due to the new weight of the order).

Anyhow, due to this situation, I have 3 questions to ask.

Question 1: I saw on the RS 232 splitter that it can handle 7 channels (2 for each Slimline and 3 for Slimline RGB). The Lan cable goes to RS 232 and as I saw it only uses 2 cables.

So, I want to confirm: will it be possible for the Profilux 3ex to dim all 7 channels on the RS 232 splitter?

Question 2: If I daisy chain another RS 232 and that second one is set to channels 9-15, will I be able to dim all 14 channels (7 from the first splitter and 7 from the second splitter) with my Profilux 3ex?

Question 3:Slimline RGB has a lower profile than the Slimline? I mean, when it will be placed on the aquarium, the Slimline's will be higher than the Slimline RGB?

Quote Originally Posted by almost View Post
    Question 1: I saw on the RS 232 splitter that it can handle 7 channels (2 for each Slimline and 3 for Slimline RGB). The Lan cable goes to RS 232 and as I saw it only uses 2 cables.

So, I want to confirm: will it be possible for the Profilux 3ex to dim all 7 channels on the RS 232 splitter?

Question 2: If I daisy chain another RS 232 and that second one is set to channels 9-15, will I be able to dim all 14 channels (7 from the first splitter and 7 from the second splitter) with my Profilux 3ex?
    Yes, the ProfiLux 3 can control all 14 Mitras Slimline channels. To connect an additional splitter to another splitter you'll need the RJ45 version. The RS232 version is only needed for connecting the first splitter to the ProfiLux 3.

Quote Originally Posted by almost View Post
    Question 3:Slimline RGB has a lower profile than the Slimline? I mean, when it will be placed on the aquarium, the Slimline's will be higher than the Slimline RGB?
    That's correct. The Slimline RGB has an about 0.5 cm lower profile.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you so much Thilo!

So, here comes the question: 1 Slimline is not enough to cover the depth (front to back) of the aquarium, so I will need to buy a second one.

The question is: will 1 Mitras Lightbar II be enough? From the pictures of the product it looks like it has the double width from the Slimline, so maybe it spreads also better.

Should I use 2 Slimline or 1 Mitras Lightbar II for the Dennerle 35lt tank?

Compare the max wattage of both products and you'll see that you'll get slightly more light output from 2x Slimline (28.8w) vs. 1x LB2 (23.5w). With two of these you have the advantage of being able to space them out however you want.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

This is the plus sticking with Slimline.
    The minus is that it can dim only 2 channels instead of 5.

The question is if I go with the Slimline now and in the feature I want to go with Lightbar II (for another set up in my big aquarium), if I will be able to handle both Slimline (from Profilux 3ex) and Lightbar II (from Expansion Box I) or I will have to stick with the Slimline for ever.

No, it's not possible to control Mitras Slimlines/Lightbars with an Expansion Box 1. You would need an Expansion Box 2 or another ProfiLux to control both, Slimline and Lightbar.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.