Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitra 7206 will not start up

No, on the main electrical outlet of course (I would never advise to modify a GHL product, even less on a waterproof connection!)
    The purpose of a timed relay is to wait xx seconds before powering up. So you have to delay the restart.
    The problem occurs when the power supply is de-energized and re-energized too quickly, without having enough time between the two.

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't understand how delaying the mains would help. That would explain why sometimes they power up successfully. Usually I only wait about 5-10 seconds before plugging them back in. I'll try leaving them unplugged longer next time.

It is necessary that the capacitors discharge completely, and the brightness of the lamp at the time of the power cut also has an impact

Gael.
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    ... So you have to delay the restart.
    The problem occurs when the power supply is de-energized and re-energized too quickly, without having enough time between the two.

Gaël
    I don't think that is my problem. I unplugged my lights for some maintenance. After being unplugged for 15 minutes, only 2 of the 3 lights turned back on. I tried a couple time and had to disconnect the circular connector to get it to turn back on.
    Last edited by ryan79; 30.07.2023 at 22:22. Reason: changed "circular switch" to "circular connector"

Quote Originally Posted by ryan79 View Post
    I don't think that is my problem. I unplugged my lights for some maintenance. After being unplugged for 15 minutes, only 2 of the 3 light turned back on. I tried a couple time and had to disconnect the circular switch to get it to turn back on.
    Hello,

In this case open a support ticket https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/ (Guest login)

Gaël

Will do. Thanks for your response.

My unit was also failing to power up successfully after momentary power loss (workaround was to unplug the power supply for about 10 seconds, then plug back in).

The solution was GHL replaced the power supply under warranty, which resolved the bad behavior. Also, the replacement went from a blazing-hot 200-watt unit (same rated output as the maximum draw of the LED fixture, a bad idea to leave no overhead) to a 300-watt unit that runs very cool. GHL should ship the 300-watt unit as standard.
    Last edited by picnic; 21.08.2023 at 20:21.

They replaced the one power supply that wouldn't start back up even after waiting. It was the same 200W PSU. The other one I still need to let sit for a while before restarting. I bought a powerbar so I could setup the delay start in case of a power outage. It is ridiculous that I had to spend another $250 to fix a problem after spending $800 per light.

The power supplies get crazy hot. Whenever I'm below the tank I check to make sure they haven't melted or warped the expanded PVC foam they are sitting on. I bought a PropellerBreeze 3 and the clamps don't work on my eurobracing. I considered mounting it below the tank to keep the power supplies cool.

I mounted a standard 12v 120mm PC fan over top of the 300 watt power supply, it helps a lot.

photo2.jpg
    Last edited by picnic; 22.08.2023 at 18:13.

Good idea! I've got a couple PC fans sitting around too.