Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can 2 Slimline RGB be connected and controlled from Profilux 3ex?

Default Can 2 Slimline RGB be connected and controlled from Profilux 3ex?

If I get it right I will need:

RS 232 splitter to connect the first Slimline RGB and
    RJ 45 to connect the second splitter to the first splitter and the second Slimline RGB on this splitter.

This means that the first Slimline RGB will be on channels 5-7 and the second on on channels 13-15 (by setting the dip switch on the dimmer) so I can even dim them undependably.

Correct?

Can I do the same but using 2 RS232 splitters? Will this set up also work?

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

As long as you have a PSU strong enough to power multiple Slimline RGB strips, you can connect them all together using the Slimline splitter. The include cable is then connected to the Mitras Slimline SplitterRS232 RGB port.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

From the photo of the RS 232 splitter it seems like the Slimline RGB and the Slimline does not have the same type of jack.

So, I am not sure what you said is right, it seems like the Slimline splitter is only for Slimline and not for Slimeline RGB.

Can you please confirm that Slimline splitter can be used with Slimeline RGB?

Can you please also answer me my first question in the post? Can I use 1 RS 232 splitter and 1 RJ45 splitter or 2 RS 232 splitters to connect 2 Slimline RGB and dimm the Slimlines RGB independently from each other (for example the one off and the other in 50% ) ?
    Last edited by almost; 08.06.2021 at 07:34.

You're correct. The Slimline RGB LEDs can't be connected to the non-dimmable splitter. You'll need a dimmable splitter for each Slimline RGB.
    The RS232 version is only needed for the connection to the ProfiLux 3 and only one Mitras Slimline or Lightbar splitter can be connected to the ProfiLux. Additional splitters must be connected to the previous splitter or an Expansion Box.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So, if I want to control both Slimline and LBII I will need to connect the one to Profilux (lets say the Slimline) and the other one (lets say the LBII) to Expansion Box. Correct?

Because if you see the reply from Vinny on my post with the subject "Can I dimm Slimline and Mitras 2 lightbar from the same Profilux"? he replies that I can if on the Profilux I have 2 different RS 232 ports available. This is also wrong if I get it right from your reply.

Expansion Box I is it compatible with this function?

Quote Originally Posted by almost View Post
    So, if I want to control both Slimline and LBII I will need to connect the one to Profilux (lets say the Slimline) and the other one (lets say the LBII) to Expansion Box. Correct?
    Yes, this will work with a Expansion Box 2 with firmware 2.04 or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by almost View Post
    Because if you see the reply from Vinny on my post with the subject "Can I dimm Slimline and Mitras 2 lightbar from the same Profilux"? he replies that I can if on the Profilux I have 2 different RS 232 ports available. This is also wrong if I get it right from your reply.
    I'm not 100% sure, but probably it won't work. But I can say for sure, that it won't be possible to control them with different settings in this case.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

What about expansion box 1 ? Will it work? (With PLM-RS232 Interface).
    Last edited by almost; 08.06.2021 at 15:18.

I am thinking to buy a second Slimline for this set up but I need to know that if I decide to set up my big aquarium with Lightbar II in the feature I will be able to dim Slimline from Profilux 3ex and Lightbar II from Expansion box I (or vice versa) with PLM-RS232 Interface installed in the Expansion Box.

If I will not be able to do so, it will be better to return the Slimline pay the difference in price (+ shipping cost back to GHL) and upgrade to Lightbar II (if I will have to stick with one of the two system's, Ι would prefer the premium one).

No, it's not possible to control Mitras Slimlines/Lightbars with an Expansion Box 1.

I think Thilo this info is also wrong.

If I get it right from your site, I can connect "Mitras Slimlines" using the "Mitras Slimline adapter cable for Mitras Lightbar power supplies" to the "Mitras-LB-Splitter" and "Mitras-LB-Splitter" to my Profilux 3ex using "Mitras-LB-Cable-D-SUB".

So I can connect 2 Mitras Slimlines and 2 LBII to "Mitras-LB-Splitter" and dimm them with my Profilux 3ex using the "Mitras-LB-Cable-D-SUB".

Please, correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by almost; 11.02.2022 at 16:23.