Thread: Please help! Devices disappearing.

Default Please help! Devices disappearing.

So I just got my tank ready to run and I’m trying to set up my profilux 4. I’ve gone through the setup video step by step. Connected to WiFi, connected to Hotspot and connected to cloud. All the three connections are showing on my list of devices and working as they should and then the WiFi and Hotspot just disappear. I reconnect them again and they connect and then just disappear again.
    This has happened on my iPad and also my iPhone. I’m at my wits end here trying to get the bloody thing to work. I must’ve typed in my WiFi password over 50 times in the last 12 hours and I’m going to loose it soon if I can’t get it working. What with this and my ro reservoir dumping itself all my carpet this morning I’m at my wits end. I just want to get my tank up and running. Somebody please help!

Hello,

By "Devices disappearing" are you referring to the dedicated Wi-Fi and hotspot connections you make during the initial setup? Are you seeing this in GCC or the app?

Remember, you always have another way to connect. You are not limited to just the app or GCC, there is also the web interface which is accessible when you open a web browser and type-in the IP address of your controller.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Yes the dedicated hotspot connection made during initial setup. Think the issue was my router only running on 5ghz. Got a new router and set it up on 2.4ghz and everything has been fine since.

How do you find out the IP address of the controller?

There are several ways to get that info:
    • Connect to P4 via hotspot
    • Connect via USB using GCC
    • Connect via myGHL
    • Check your router settings

You can even use your computer and connect directly to the P4's hotspot signal. Once connected, open a web browser and type-in the P4's hotspot IP address (192.168.4.1).
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.