Thread: Firmware Update 7.2.4 Issues

Default Firmware Update 7.2.4 Issues

This weekend I switched over to the DSR system. While doing this, I took the opportunity to clean and calibrate all of my dosing heads. I turned all of them down to 0 for improved accuracy and less wear. Also since I have the ION D coming soon I went ahead and updated to Firmware 7.2.4. The actual update went extremely smooth however when rebooting the unit it started flashing yellow, everything shut down and there were a couple of German words on the screen. Upon translation, they said Setting reset. I reloaded the setting files and I was able to get everything back up except for KHD. I went to system and I had lost all of my PAB devices. I did a PAB system reset and this is what was returned when I went to assign all the devices...
    PAB devices.PNG
    FYI, what I have is 1 - Profilux 4 - with two cards (Oxygen and Ph)
    4 - 5.1 Power Bars
    1 - 2.1 Doser
    1 - KHD with associated doser
    1 - Profilux Touch
    1 - Water leakage detectors (not installed at this time)
    and as shown in the picture, I don't have any GHL Maxi Dosers.
    This has had me in a panic, except for everything except for the KHD is still functioning, all outlets, dozing heads, and sensors.
    I have done some research and I think what I did wrong was to do the Firmware update with all PAB devices attached. I was not aware that I was supposed to disconnect them. I am really worried everything could stop working at anytime. Can someone assist me in repairing and reassigning my PAB devices?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Shredded; 26.04.2021 at 14:47.

Hello,

there's no need to disconnect the PAB-devices, if you perform the ProfiLux 4-firmware update. If you perform a PAB-firmware update instead, you need to disconnect all but one PAB-device (the one which should be updated).
    I'm not sure what exactly happened to your PAB-system, but I'd suggest to use GHL Control Center and verify the PAB-assignment there.

If you need more assistance create a support ticket, where we'll try to find the cause and a solution for that:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi MatthiasF,
    I have already confirmed the same is seen in GCC. There is no difference. I will open a support ticket as literally have put 30 hours into it the past two days just trying to resolve what I am seeing. Why it is still working is beyond me, except for the KHD, which after 3 years really sucks going back to manual alkalinity testing especially when switching to new dosing supplements. I was hoping this resolution would be easier.

Ticket Opened: [Ticket #3959] PAB System Failure
    Last edited by Shredded; 26.04.2021 at 15:20.

I wanted to post the resolution on this as I know once something moves to opening a ticket some of these never get resolved on here which doesn't help anyone.
    Germany was unable to replicate this issue and understandably so. This was a user error caused by myself. I had to replace the circuit board in my KHD due to water damage from my probe. Once that was complete I logged into GCC in order to set the new SN for the new circuit board. In doing so, I did not disconnect the other PAB devices and basically reset all of the serial numbers to the new serial number of the KHD. There was no noticeable change to the system, nothing quit, nothing even showed wrong in the system UNTIL I reset the PAB system after the latest firmware upgrade. When going to assign all of my PAB devices everything that was discovered all showed the same device and serial number. I am going to attempt to go back and reset each device one at a time to its original device and serial number. On a positive note, everything continued to operate as if nothing had happened , except the actual KHD unit will not operate. I hope that clearing up all of the devices resolves that issue. More to come...

Today I finally made progress using the original serial numbers and the keys provided by Vinny. I initially tried to reset the SN on the Doser 2.1. It would not work and I could no longer assign it as a PAB device. I turned my attention to the Profilux Touch. I was able to restore the SN for that device and assign it with no issues. I considered the differences between the devices and realized that the Dosers (2.1) could be used stand alone and that they could be accessed thru GCC directly once you set up a Doser 2.1 connection. I connected the USB from the Doser 2.1 cable directly from the doser to my laptop and accessed it that way. Going in directly thru the doser allowed me to reset the serial number on both of the Doser 2.1s. At that point I was again able to assign them as PAB devices. Even though the KHD had the correct serial number I went thru the process just to be sure and assigned it. I did not have the keys for the serial numbers for the PowerBar 5.1s so I was not able to reset those serial numbers and I did attempt to assign them as they would have the same serial number as the KHD. At this point everything but the powerbars were connected and I attempted to operate the KHD. It was once again functional. I recalibrated the unit and put it back into service. I plugged the powerbars back into the PAB port but did not assign them. Everything is now working.