Thread: Motorised Valve Control

Default Motorised Valve Control

Hello

Is it possible to control a motorised valve, like in the attached, with a Profilux 4?

This is to use a Co2 scrubber with the valve switching between the scrubber and regular air depending on pH

Thanks
    Scott

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Hi Scott,

Since this will only be for ON/OFF control, no in-between, you can wire-up a normal plug to it and connect it to the powerbar socket. This socket is then assigned with the pH control upwards function which tells the socket to turn ON only when the pH level has fallen below a threshold.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

da der Schalter + mal auf braun und mal auf blau legen soll würde ich sagen, da muss noch ein wenig mehr als nur eine normale Steckdose zwischen. 2 Steckdosen und jede für einen Draht würde ich lassen, da sind schnell mal beide an. Oder zumindest über dir programierbare Logig und über verzögert an / aus das ganze etwas abmildern.

Hi,
    instead of the shown switch I would use a relay with changeover and connect the control input to a powerbar socket. When the socket is turned on by pH control eg the blue wire is connecting to Live wire, then the socket is off the brown wire will be connecting to Live wire.
    Volker
    Last edited by volkers; 21.04.2021 at 23:57.

Thank you for the suggestions. With availability of parts, and no spare controllable sockets left, I've managed to wire up a 2-wire valve to an L-port.

It is open when unpowered, thereby rising pH as it draws air from the co2 scrubber, and shuts when over the pH target by a set margin.

This sends 9v (manually set in GCC) to the valve which is enough to close it and the pH should fall.

Installed last night so I'll see how it goes!

One question, what is the exact size of connector needed for the port? I am using a RJ12 6P6C but it's very loose

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk