Thread: Second hand device

Default Second hand device

Hi all, I've just brought a second hand KHD.
    The pH probe had been left in the khd for 2+ months without being used
    I'm waiting for some calibration fluid to arrive just was wondering if the probe will be ok

A new probe should be purchased as leaving it inside the KHD without using it is not the proper way to store it after that long.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Thanks for the reply.
    I have calibrated the probe and it seemed to register correctly. it's give me a dkh reading of what I expected, is there a way to check the probe is working the way it should?

After doing several tests I'm not sure it's doing the job properly, I've test against a Hanna checker and it's nowhere near the same. KHD shows 7.8 Hanna shows 9.2

Hanna checkers are not a reliable cross reference due to the variables this instrument has compared to the KHD. If you want to verify KHD accuracy, it is best done with the 7.5 dkH Reference fluid.

As mentioned above, the probe was not stored properly and therefore cannot be expected to provide reasonable values. A new KHD probe and reference fluid is recommended.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.